Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Our First Visit to The Mayfarm...

Earlier this summer, Grammy and I took Jolea on her first (of many I’m sure) visits to the May Farm located about 14 miles north of Abilene in Hawley Texas.

(click image to enlarge)

I can remember going to this farm when I was a school aged child and I can remember being in “awe” at the fact that we could actually touch and feed nearly all of the animals. It’s a sweet little place with a hearty cause and it’s geared towards younger kids allowing them to learn about some of their favorite animals. Ms. May the owner is a sweetie…she is a little firecracker, always on the go and she never stood still…not for one second. Jolea thought being on the farm was just about as good as it gets…and it was minus the smell of animal poo, the beating sun and buzzing bugs! This mama is a city girl fo’ sho and would never make it one day on a real farm! Enjoy the pictures from our day….there are lots of them to look at!

Jolea wasn't afraid of any of the animals...this bunny was one of her favorites...


Grammy and Her Girls...


Sweet Shot of Gram and Jolea girl...


Here we are with MOPS the baby goat. The group called Mothers Of Pre-Schoolers was there to witness his birth...therefore Ms. May thought it would be completely appropriate to name him MOPS. He was only 3 weeks old in this picture...and he was ADORABLE... 


Mama and the Chickadee...


Jolea and the Chickadee...


Here is Jolea holding a Chinchilla (pardon my spelling) I was by far more frightened by this thing than Jolea was. Boy was I mistaken...this creature was so sweet...so soft...and believe it or not smelled SO good. Ms. May says that Chinchillas cannot be bathed because they cannot get wet, so they have a powder that is massaged into their fur that helps to clean them...this little guy smelled like lavendar and vanilla!


Another bunny picture...Jolea loves her some bunnies...


She was so brave when she was feeding the animals...she wasnt a big fan of the slobber...but she was a really big girl...

It's times like these that I get to share with her that I will miss so much when summer is over and everyone is back to work. I have gotten spoiled to being home with her and doing such fun things! Thanks for the company Grammy...I know you enjoyed coming with us.

No comments: