Sunday, February 21, 2010

Belated Birthday Wishes...to My Mama

For so many people, February 14th is a special day, filled with romance and love, flowers and chocolate. Andy and I have never gone “overboard” for Valentine’s Day. In fact we usually don’t do much. This year was a little different! Cupid brought me this…Mademoiselle


a delicious fragrance by CoCo Chanel that I have been admiring for years. A good perfume is always such a nice gift…but the good stuff is always so pricey. I was thrilled when I opened up the bag and found this precious little box of goodness…and it makes it even better that Andy actually likes it and comments on how good I smell all the time! Thanks Honey!

Cupid brought Andy a nice “goody” basket filled with all his favorite things too. (Oops forgot to take pictures!) He got a ton of his favorite candies and energy drinks, a t-shirt that says I heart football, an hour full body massage and a new book. I would say that we celebrated this holiday in style.




For me, the MOST important thing to celebrate on February 14th is my Mama’s birthday. She is my BEST friend. She stands out among all my other friends because she has never left my side…EVER…no matter what. She is one of the greatest people I have ever known. She brought me into this world and she has taught me everything I know about being a good, trustworthy, dependable and hard working person. She leads by example and I am so Thankful that God picked her to be my Mom. She turned 50 years old on Valentine’s Day…and I think she looks younger and younger with each passing year. I love you Mom…and I hope you had a wonderful birthday celebration.

Jolea and Grammy exchanging Birthday/Valentine goodies

Mom and Dad at Red Lobster...her choice :)
Andy and I...
A very special "Thanks" to Johanna, CJ and baby girl Jillian for keeping our little Princess. We actually took slow bites and tasted what we were putting in our mouths and we left without wearing anything that was on our plates. My-o-my how things change with a 2 year old.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks sweety for all your kind words! I love you so very much!