Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hip Hip Hooray...

2 Bits - 4 Bits - 6 Bits - A Dollar - Terah -Past - Her - Teaching Exams - And - She - Wants - To - Holler

I am so happy that I took my exams, passed them both and they are out of the way. I still have one more to take, but it’s for my ESL endorsement which is a lot less stressful. Now it’s time to start putting a resume together and looking for my first teaching job...that I have been dreaming about for the past 2 and a half years...and my first paycheck which is even more exciting!

My student teaching experience has been such a BLESSING to me. I am teaching under Mrs. Stokes a 3rd grade math teacher in Hawley. Now at first, my stomach was churning because I was the WORST math student growing up and I was thinking to myself "How am I going to teach what I was Terrible at?" BUT...I am having a blast. My cooperating teacher is so helpful and encouraging to me. I could not be happier about being in her classroom. My students are a great bunch of kids...some of the funniest kids I have ever met and for the most part they are a real joy to have in class. I get showered in hugs from the time I walk into the classroom till the last dismissal bell rings...it’s GREAT.

My second placement is in the 2nd grade and I will start there after Spring Break. 2nd grade is going to be a whole new ballgame...but I am sure I will LOVE it to pieces!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

YAY TERAH! so excited for you, all your hard work is paying off!

Unknown said...

Hey Terah! This is Nikima from Fall Block. I read your blog from time to time. I like it! Anywho, I just wanted to let you know that the ESL exam is nothing to stress about. I took it over winter break and I passed. It's basically what we learned in Block and Intro to Reading. If you didn't take intor, I think Reading Pedagogies is similar. The only classes I took were Elem Math 1, Intro to Reading, Theories of Learning, and Block. And I passed all 3 of my exams the first time. So you will absolutely positively pass the ESL exam with all of your knowledge. Don't stress. Take care!!!