Wednesday, June 24, 2009

New Appliances...Make A Girl Very Happy :)

Well after 6 years of marriage and doing the laundry with a machine that when it runs, makes the whole house shudder...I finally got a new Samsung front loading washer and dryer set today from Lowe's. We sold our old ones with the house so we wouldn't have to "move" them, but in reality it was a plan I secretly "devised" so I could get new ones (Sorry Honey) Since our microwave has to stay with our house...we had to get a new one of those too, and thanks to Poppy for working out a sweet deal with us, since its going to stay in the rental after we leave. Yippie for us!!! Andy and I don't usually have a whole lot of extra money laying around, so its tough for us to make these big purchases. I try to think everything through and decide whether or not I am making the best and wisest choice. I really appreciated the salesman we had at Lowe's...I feel like I am a front loading washer and dryer expert after he got a'hold of me. Even though it was a lot of money spent...I think we made a good choice...and I think we now have a quality, quiet and energy efficient washer and dryer!!! They are set to be delivered on July the 3rd...and I did my last load of laundry in the clunker last night!!! Here is what they look like...

We also purchased the rising storage drawers that go underneath the machines...afterall...a girl can never have too much storage. I couldn't find the exact microwave online, but I think we all know what a microwave looks like and if you've seen one, you've seen them all. We are also gearing up to paint the duplex this week. The current renters will vacate on the morning of the 28Th, so that means it will be time to get to work. We close on July 7Th so we are going to have about a week and a couple of days to get all our painting done, the carpet laid and the bathroom shower re-tiled!!! Busy Busy, but all worth it in the end. I wonder how long it will be before we are all settled in...hmmm...it could be a while. This weekend is going to be a fun one for us. I get to travel to Lubbock to see my best friend and her hubby. They recently bought a new home and they are having a Luau in their back yard with their closest friends. I think its going to be a lot of fun and I cant wait to share the pictures. Till then...the post's will be few and far between, because we are fixing to have to pack up the computer soon.

2 comments:

ajphillips said...

Oooh I like! I soo need a new washer and dryer, but I guess I'm going to wait until ours goes kaplunk!

I saw your post on M'chelle's blog about Freezer Friends....I had told her we should start our own group! We'd be a great group because none of us have large families, so our proportions would be right! Keep that in mind...we might just have to do it!

Whitney said...

I want a new washer and dryer like yours! :) How fun!