Thursday, December 10, 2009

Getting To Know Me...Christmas Version

Getting to Know Me....Christmas Edition!I saw this on a blog that I follow….thought it was cute….and wanted to play along.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? – Funky and whimsical wrapping paper with snazzy blingy bows for sure.

* 2. Real tree or artificial? - Artificial....because I can put it up as early as I want and because I don’t have to go out and hunt down the perfect tree EVERY year because I am so PICKY about stuff like that. I do miss the smell of a fresh cut Christmas tree…but they make candles for that

* 3. When do you put up the tree? - The earlier the better! This year I put it up a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving. This usually drives my hubby crazy…but hey…I heart Christmas!

* 4. Do you like eggnog? – Eww Gross…

* 5. Favorite gift received as a child? – OMG…that’s a hard one…my parents (I mean Santa) were always getting me the best Christmas gifts!

* 6. Do you have a nativity scene? – Yes…a Willow Tree nativity…I love it…and hope it continues to grow each year!

* 7. Hardest person to buy for? – My parents: They always say they don’t “need” anything or “want” anything…it drives me NUTS!

* 8. Easiest person to buy for? – Jolea: She’s 2 and thinks anything that is wrapped is the coolest thing EVER then it would be Andy: He usually drops a subtle hint or two about what he wants…and I make mental notes all through the year too!

* 9. Mail or email Christmas cards? – MAIL…hands down

* 10. Favorite Christmas movie? – Christmas Vacation….LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie…and need to watch it SOON!

* 11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? – I try to get a little bit of my shopping done in late December…SALES…but then again if I see something throughout the year that makes a good gift…I snag it up

* 12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? – EVERYTHING SNACKY (I think I just made that word up) I graze like a cow at Christmas…picking at this…nibbling on that…YUM

* 13. Clear lights or colored lights on the tree? – Without hesitation…CLEAR…but I have the suspicion that eventually we will have to experiment with colored lights because Jolea likes them a lot…and we wouldn’t want to disappoint our little princess!

* 14. Favorite Christmas song? - Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas… Ahh…So sweet…and a close second is I’ll Be Home for Christmas!

* 15. Travel or stay home at Christmas? – Before the baby came we traveled…and we are actually traveling this year…but starting next year I want to stay home and play Santa…starting new traditions of our own…as a family

* 16. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? – From the popular song…”You know…Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen…then of course there is Rudolph

* 17. Angel on tree top or star? – Neither… I like funky squiggly picks stuck in the top of my tree that gives me a little “Christmas Whimsy”

* 18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? – One on Christmas Eve…usually new jammies…then the rest on Christmas morning!

*

19. the most annoying thing about this time of year? – Thinking you have EVERYTHING…just to realize you have to run out for that last minute gift…but I love this time of the year…and I try not to complain!

* 20. What I love most about Christmas – The music, the food, the smells, the happiness, the family time, the cards…there is SO much to love.

* 21. Snow. Love it or hate it? Snow? What is that? Never seen it before…I live in West Texas…all we get is a little snow dust ever now and then!

* 22. Can you ice skate? Ha…that’s a funny one…Ummm NO!

* 23. Favorite holiday dessert? Anything Sweet! That goes well with Coffee!

* 24. What is your favorite holiday tradition? The Christmas Bingo party that our entire family comes too…great fun, great gifts to exchange…it’s a BLAST! *

25. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving…I love watching someone open “the perfect” gift…

~Merry Christmas Ya'll~

1 comment:

The Undomestic Mom said...

Yay! Love your list! Oh and I just saw that your from Abilene...my family is all from there! How crazy!