Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Card Holder...

I don't have a mantle...or one of those cute little wire Christmas card holders...so I decided to make my own yesterday afternoon. This is what I came up with. All you need is:
  • a foam wreath
  • funky ribbon
  • 1 straight pin
  • 1 Christmas ball
  • CHRISTMAS CARDS

I had all of these things on hand already...which made this project easy...which is just what I like. First I wrapped the wreath with ribbon. Then I secured the ribbon with my stapler...just a few staples here and there. Then I made a bow and secured it by taking a large straight pin (the kind that you use to secure a corsage to a blouse) pushing in through the top of the Christmas ball and into the wreath. Then I took another long piece of ribbon and secured it will staples to the back of the wreath. I stapled my cards to the ribbon...and then to each other to display them. If I went straight up and down I would probably run out of room, so I wanted to layer them to get the most out of the display. There you have it...EASY PEASY...and cost free!

This little diddy wound up on the backside of the front door. With the weather being as cool as it has been lately...the front door is usually shut...therefore we see the back of it quite often. Now at least we are looking at a festive door instead...and I have a place for my cards!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

That's where we stayed when we went on our girls trip! It was great and sooo nice except for some fighting going on in the room next to us until 4 a.m.! Yikes! I have not sent out my Christmas cards yet. I just got them stuffed and labeled today so hopefully they'll be mailed tomorrow. Yours were presh!