Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas 2009: Part 1 The Whitehead Family Christmas

Wow-O-Wow...where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday I was putting up the Christmas tree and decking the halls...and today I took it all down, packed it all up and stored it away in the attic until next year. I guess the saying is true that "Time flies when you’re having fun!" We have been having so much fun...and that is why the last 2 weeks seem like a blur. I am going to do a series of Christmas posts so I can share all of my favorite memories from this holiday season and not have a single post that would take days to read! I don’t have the time for that and neither does anyone else. *
Our first Christmas celebration took place on December 19Th at my Aunt Christy's house, and it was the Whitehead Family Christmas (my Dad's side). This year Santa Claus came to visit the 2 girls...Baby Jolea and Baby Ava, our cousin from San Antonio. I wasn’t really sure how Jolea was going to feel about Santa coming to visit her...but it went PERFECT. This was her first encounter with the Man in Red and she wasn’t scared...not even a little bit. She did look at him and make some strange faces at first, but once he opened that red velvet bag and started handing out presents...she was SOLD! *
On the Whitehead side of the family we draw names and we each receive a 50 dollar gift, usually in the form of money or gift cards! I got a 50 dollar Visa card and Andy got a crispy 50 dollar bill...so I would say that Santa was really good to us this year. We also do a HUGE stocking exchange! My Mema has personally handmade each one of us our own stocking. Some of them are really old by now and are kind-of falling apart, but they are still a special part of our Christmas tradition. *
This year the holiday menu was non-traditional...we had ribs, beans, potato salad, green chili corn, sinful potatoes, rolls, mud pie and peach cobbler :) We all left with a bag full of goodies and a belly full of food :) *
Here are a few shots I was able to get while we were there!
Santa a.k.a Pepa and Mrs. Claus a.k.a Mema

Santa and Me

Jolea and Santa

Cousin Ava and Santa

Grammy and Jolea Dru

Mom and Daughter

Family: Grammy and Cousin Bren and her BF James :)

This is a shot of all of Jolea's Christmas Goodies

What a special time spent with family! I just LOVE the holidays...and I am always sad to see them pass!

No comments: