Friday, January 8, 2010

Big Girl Bedroom Inspiration...

My Jolea bug has recenly "outgrown" her crib...therefore we are using a very "rigged" version of a toddler bed. Click HERE to view :) Anyway...its a new year...and I think this little girl needs a new bed! I have such big ideas in my head for the "perfect" little girl's room, but in reality, we are in a rental...and there is no sense in going overboard on a room that she probably wont be in that long...right? Ive been scouring the internet and flipping through decor magazines, and this is the inspiration/direction I think I am going for, in Jolea's new room.



This image is from Pottery Barn Kids and the bedding collection is called Brooke! Isnt it PRESH? I just love all the colors and the sweet little birds...its a little bit vintage and a little bit modern/retro all mixed together!
I am trying to think "cost effectively" and I am trying to incorporate the existing furniture in her room as well. With all that in mind...this is the bedding I think I am going to buy her from Target instead!



Its called "Love and Nature" and its by Circo. I think its a pretty close comparison to the PBK bedding...and at a much more affordable price too. Jolea's room is already a soft yellow...so THANK GOODNESS there will be no painting involved. This set comes in a reversible comforter bed-in-a-bag set, however the quilt version seems to be better quality and I like that look better too.

This is an upclose of the sham and the striped sheets...



I "must" have this sweet little throw pillow...I just fall in love when I look at it :)

Now...since I dont want to paint or do anything funky to the walls, I am thinking these swanky wall decals are the perfect solution! There is only one little problem...I cant find them ANYWHERE! Does anyone know where I could find something similar?



Jolea's nursery furniture is in perfect condition and its crisp white...therefore I am only going to purchase a new bed at this time and allow what she already has to continue to grow with her for a few more years. With that being said, I think I am going to purchase this bed from Big Lots.



I think this is a perfect big girl bed for my big girl! If she falls out of it...she wont have far to fall...and that helps me rest a little easier too! I will only be purchasing the headboard/shelf and the actual bed...nothing else from the photo. The two large drawers will come in handy for storage too...and that is something a kid can NEVER have enough of.

Well there ya have it...my big plans for Jolea's new bedroom. Now the only problem will be finding the time to get it all done! As always I will have pictures...every step of the way.

3 comments:

Shanan said...

I feel so out of touch with all my blog friends, so I'm trying to catch up! I get obsessed with bedrooms too....wait until you have more than one to worry about! ;) We put Bella's bed low to the floor too and she hasn't had a problem with falling out....only staying in it and out of our bed! I loved your snow pictures. It looked like yall had tons of fun over the holidays. One of these days, I am going to come to Abilene and we are all going to have to go to lunch! Hope you have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I found some decals on Ebay just now after looking at your blog post!

http://cgi.ebay.com/CIRCO-LOVE-AND-NATURE-WALL-DECALS-/280501948654?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item414f3810ee

Anonymous said...

found some decals on ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/CIRCO-LOVE-AND-NATURE-WALL-DECALS-/280501948654?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item414f3810ee