Friday, March 19, 2010

Busy Day With Friends...

It has been such a fun week (a little trying) at times…but FUN for the most part. Jolea and I did so many fun things together and had some really great dates with family and friends. Earlier in the week we had a lunch date with our favorite Morrow girls…Johanna and Jillian. We went to Chic-Fil-A of course…and the girls and the Momma’s had a great time eating…laughing…and playing in the play-land. Speaking of play-land…I’m going to vent for just a moment…I am “THAT MOM” that gets super irritated when people who have 5 and 6 year olds that allow them to rambunctiously play in the play area that is specifically designed for children that are 3 years and younger. I mean REALLY people…come on…READ the sign…and PLAY by the rules. I can’t stand for Jolea to be minding her own business just to get bulldozed by some 70 pound 6 year old. I am “THAT MOM” that tells kids like that they need to pipe-it-down a notch. And in reality…it’s not the kids who are at fault…it’s their parents for not following the rules or setting good examples for their children. The Chic-Fil-A play-land was in complete chaos the day we went and it’s just a shame that people can really take the fun out of something that is intended to be enjoyed by small children. So…with all that said…I hope I haven’t offended anyone…and here are the pictures from our lunch date.

Me and my Sweet Girl before heading out...


"Best Friends"...


Jilly Girl...


Now...these 2 girls are both in the "thick" of potty training...and the best way to learn is by watching your peers right? So we have all done some hanging out in many bathrooms the last few times weve been together. These girls stick together.


We also treated this week with a SURPRISE visit from Uncle Jansen (Andy's youngest brother). He had a few days to spare so he made the trip to stay with us for a couple of nights. We loved our time with him...and I am shooting myself in the foot because I didn’t get any pictures of Jolea and him together. Oops maybe next time.


While Jan was here, we invited the Morrow Family over for jalapeno poppers, burgers and hot dogs! The Hubs did a fine job manning the grill and everything turned out GREAT. He also spoiled me to a little homemade salsa that we are still munching on this late in the week. Thanks Honey.

 The girls were so precious on this night...although my Jolea girl was having a bit of a behavior crisis. When we go to other people's houses, she is better...not necessarily good, but better about sharing and playing nice. When we have others come over to our house, she is like a Chihuahua dog protecting her turf...everything is “Mine Mine Mine” and it’s so not attractive. Sadly enough on the night we had our little burger bonanza, she spent a considerable amount of time ALONE in her room for TIMEOUT. Once she got herself together she was able to come out and join the fun.

I think this is the cutest picture EVER...


High-Five my Sista...


Big Hugs...


PomPom Head Jillian...


PomPom head Jolea...


Momma and Daddy Morrow...love these guys...


~ It was a great day spent with great friends ~

No comments: