Saturday, March 20, 2010

Cupcake Cutie...

Its Saturday…the last “relaxing” day of Spring Break…and then comes Monday…all over again! Why is it that the time flies when you are on a break and it drags by during the typical work week? I have never been able to figure that out? Daddy went to the Ruff Rider football game so I got to spend the last night of this wonderful little break with my Jolea Dru. We played with puzzles, watched Monsters Inc., took a bath and baked cupcakes! She has been obsessed with cupcakes lately…so we had a date in the kitchen to make a batch of our own.

Me and My Girl...


Dressed in her best little apron (Thanks to Mema)...


Im ready Mommy...got the big bowl...


Got the yummy cake mix Mommy...


Pouring in the water...very carefully...


Got the butter...but we better soften in first Mommy...


Alright...the butter is ready to go...
and Mommy took care of the eggs...just to be on the "safe side"...


Now it's time to stir...


Mommy lets Jolea take a break and enjoy licking the beaters...
(by the way is this still an "okay" thing to do? I kinda freak out about the eggs but I grew up doing this and I turned out okay!)


Now, Jolea puts the cupcake liners in the pan...she was even working on her counting too...


Mommy filled all the cups and put them in the oven to bake. Jolea wasnt thrilled about this part. She wanted to "watch" and to "help" them cook, but after some convincing I talked her into taking a bath instead! What a sweet moment to share with this little dumpling. After bath it was...a yummy cupcake for the both of us!

Mommy loves you sweet girl...Thank You for your help in the kitchen :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

oh my goodness-I am totally cracking up at Jolea's "cheese" face! Ha!!