Monday, March 15, 2010

Yippie...its Spring Break

So...for some reason...the phrase Spring Break puts me into a total "nesting frenzy!" I want closets cleaned, base boards wiped, fan blades shined...it’s quite ridiculous to only feel like "deep cleaning" once year on a special holiday that was designed for taking a break, but none-the-less it happens that way every single year. So the first couple of days have been spent getting all the grunt work done...so that come Monday (today) we could enjoy the beautiful sunshine and warm weather...O WAIT...it’s like FREEZING outside today. So amidst all the hard work...we have managed to squeeze in a little bit of fun too.

My cleaning frenzy began in this Big Girl bedroom. I had mentioned re-doing Jolea's room several months ago, but never got around to updating you about it.



Sweet wall art...


Curtains...made from shower curtains...inventive huh?


This is where I spent most of the morning...cleaning out this closet! I think its safe to say the kid doesn't need any more clothes :-)


After we cleaned Jolea's room...we had a tea party...fit for a princess...
Jolea's Great Grandma (my Mema) bought these princess jammies for her...she completed the look with a tiara of course...


Cheers...


Yesterday, the weather was so beautiful...we spent most of the day outside. Andy worked in the yard and on exterior projects...I cleaned the rest of the house and even did some painting (more on that later).

Jolea was ready to head outside in her new hat...She would have fit right in at the Kentucky Derby with this swanky little number...


The famous Cheese Face...and check out that sweet little button nose...


She enjoyed her lunch outside...a sweet little picnic in the shade


Such a "dainty" little thing....YEAH RIGHT


In the spirit of "changing seasons"...I decided to "change" up our bedroom just a little bit. A friend of mine had a garage sale and I bought this FABulous bed set from her. Although the chocolate brown and robins egg blue combo isnt as "all the rage" as it used to be, I still think its so chic looking. Thanks for the bargain Ashley...

The Before...

The After...


So far, its only Monday and we have a lunch date with friends tomorrow, a couple of playdates to the zoo/park, a dinner date with the Morrow's and possibly swimming at the YMCA. I love Spring Break!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

I feel like I need to Spring Clean too, but it's just not happening! O' well!

I love the new look! Jolea's room looks great too! Enjoy your week off!

ajphillips said...

I think it looks great...even better than I thought it looked on our bed! It sure would be nice to have 2 sets to change out when you get tired of your bedding! Happy Spring Break!

M'chelle said...

I LOVE what you have done to Jolea's room! TOO cute! Wish I had a "spring break" to nest, lol!