Sunday, April 18, 2010

Family Camping Adventure...

Since we didn’t do much of anything this weekend…I decided I should post the pictures from what we did last weekend. We took our 1987 Honey model RV out to the state park for a little family and friends camping adventure. I know what you must be thinking…”1987 model YIKES” but let me assure you that this bad boy is in MINT condition. My dad bought her a couple of years ago and he paid $2500.00 for her…that’s right…two thousand five hundred dollars…and she only has 50 thousand miles on her too. Sure the inside is a bit dated…but hey we can work with that. It offers a cool dry place to sleep…a place to use the bathroom and a place to wash up and get showered…and that’s ALL I need when I want to go camping. After the last tenting experience we had…I will NEVER again even attempt that kind of camping. This was our first family camping adventure and Jolea thought it was the coolest thing ever. Our good friends The Morrow’s also have a camper…it’s double the fun when you have friends to camp with. Jolea and Jillian are pretty good buds and they did a great job of entertaining each other. We grilled hot dogs and jalapeno poppers and snacked all day long. Some of the kids went fishing...we played washers and ladder golf...sat around the campfire making smores and listening to CJ (Johanna's hubby) play the guitar. It was time well spent with family and friends and we do look forward to doing it again. Next time...we might venture a little farther than Buffalo Gap :-)

Here she is...in all her glory..."The Honey"

Me and My Love...

The hubs and I...

Jolea Dru enjoying the very first popsicle of the season...yum yum good

Daddy...manning the jalapeno poppers (they are his specialty...and they are so good)

Jilly stuffing her sweet face...

Three Amigos...Anna, Me and Johanna

"Besties"

This is what we saw on Sunday morning!!! These little deer were so close to us!!! It was pretty neat!!!

No comments: