Friday, November 20, 2009

Deck The Halls...

I finally convinced my husband...whom I adore...to get my Christmas tree down for me this week. He is so "anti" Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving, but because he knows that a "Happy Wife is a Happy Life"...he gleefully climbed into the attic and pulled it down for me. I have it decorated for the most part, but I am on the hunt for some glittery poinsettia picks to stick in some of the holes. I am in a transition phase this year with all of my Christmas stuff and it kinda has me in a frumpy mood. O well...I have to work with what I have...and this is how it turned out.
Here she is...nice and bear

A little better with lights (by the way, its incredibly hard to get a good picture of a tree with twinkling lights!)

I added this great "blingy" garland this year...I found it at Big Lots

The "glittery" words are also a new addition from the dollar bin at Michael's

Funky topper....

Finished...well almost finished product...and my bow was 1/2 off at Hobby Lobby this week.

I am still on the hunt for some "filler" items...that are within my budget...so I will keep you posted. I LOVE those kind of trees that are so full you cant hardly see the tree parts...like the ones at the local Garden World...Oh My!

Jolea is a huge fan of the Christmas Tree...and so far she hasn't bothered it too too much. Sometimes I catch her getting a little too close and a little too curious, but for the most part...she has been such a big girl about it. We have been listening to lots of Christmas music and having lots of talks about Santa Claus. I cant wait for her to be just a little older...so I can see the magic of Christmas unfold right before her eyes. One of these days...when she isn't afraid of the man with the white beard...it will bring such joy to our Christmas morning together to watch her face light up with excitement about what Santa brought for her!!! What sweetness!!! Every year until then will be just as special...even if she "doesn't quite get-it yet!" Here she is posing in front of the tree.
This week has been no different from any of the others and has been a busy blur. I did however finish off my last week of observation/teaching at Bowie Elementary, and I think as of now I should have another slew of all A's this semester. I only have one class next week on Tuesday morning...which means its basically like I have a WHOLE WEEK OFF from school. It could not come at a better time. I am so excited to be home with my family...celebrating Turkey Day with the ones I love and doing some FUN things that do not include homework in any shape, form or fashion. Speaking of FUN things...here are some of the crafts I am trying to get done hopefully this weekend. I found these Posted by Traci@ Beneath My Heart. I am whipping up a little something special for Jolea's MDO teachers...and these will be PERFECT...for what I have in mind. I envision something a little more FUNKY of course!

I saw this little beauty from Chris at Just A Girl http://j-a-girl.blogspot.com/2009/11/just-one.html (go check her out...she has AMAZING ideas and decorating sense)! She also has a step by step tutorial that's EASY-PEASY. I have this one started but I am definitely going to have to purchase more Christmas balls...so Dollar Tree here I come!

My hubby and my daddy are hitting the road again this weekend to follow the path to some West Texas High School Football Playoffs! This has been a tradition for years. I used to be right there with them...every step of the way till little Missy came along...but my playoff days are numbered now...and I just hope they all keep playing so I can go see the BIG one...the ONE that COUNTS...in mid December. So since the guys are gone...and there isn't much else going on why not get crafting? More pictures to come....
Jolea and I had a super fun playdate today with some sweeties from MDO. I am so happy that we are pluggin in and getting to meet and know new people. We went to Chic-Fil-A for lunch...and then the girls played...and played...and played in the toy-land. Thanks Abby and Jillian for inviting us...lets do it again...REAL soon!

No comments: