Sunday, November 29, 2009

Its Officially Christmas Time...

Wouldn't ya know that the one and only day my hubby and I were both home to put up the decorations outside...it would be a whopping 42 degrees outside? Geez! We were troopers though and we got it done! I HATE the porch at our house right now because its...teenie-tiny...and I don't have any room to do the things I would really like to do. Then again...I don't have the money to do the things I would really like to do, so I guess it works out quite well. Andy wasn't thrilled about the idea of putting lights on the house this year...and I guess I don't blame him. For peets sake we live on one side and someone else lives on the other and it would look quite silly to have a half-lit house...don't you think? I decided to keep it simple and keep it on the front porch...and this is what I came up with.
Outdoor Christmas decorations are SO NOT CUTE during the day...

But they are SO SO CUTE during the night...

I don't have a mantle...Ugh...so this nifty little stocking holder will have to do the trick...

I mentioned in an earlier post that I was going to try my hardest to make the super-gorgeous Christmas ball wreath that has become SO popular this year. I dunno...some guy named Eddie Ross made this a hit (click the link for a step by step tutorial)http://www.eddieross.com/eddie_ross/2008/12/no-wire-hangers-well-maybe-just-one.html
Remember this?

Well here is my final result...I am happy with it...however there is one tiny problem! Its too big to fit on the front door...and since I didn't follow the directions and glue every single topper to each ornament, it had to be in a place where there would be minimal movement going on. I like her right where she landed...but now I still need something for the front door!

This is a holiday favorite...my Willow Tree Angel Nativity Set! My mother-in-law started buying me the pieces a few years ago...and it has been one of my favorite things ever since. I have a rather large Willow Tree collection...and I love getting new ones every year for Christmas. Its my very own special collection and I adore them

This little ditty came from Ross...and the BEST thing about her was she cost me $2.99...and I just ADORE her to pieces. Like I said earlier...since the home we live in is small...my Christmas deco has ended up in some strange places...this picture is located over the kitchen sink...so I can be in the holiday spirit, even when I am doing the dishes :)

Even Jolea's room got a touch of holiday whimsy! She has a mantle in her room...go figure...so this is what we came up with! (sorry the pics really aren't that great are they?)

And Little Miss Priss also got her own Christmas tree in her room too...so far she has only broken 1 single ornament...which is VERY surprising to Muah!

The "to-do" list is rather long for this week. I really have to get on the ball with my Christmas shopping and wrapping. The Christmas cards are here...ready to be addressed and sent out...and I have some teacher gifts that I need to finish! Its the last week of school for the semester too...so you know how I am feeling about that. The Boys are headed to Waco on Saturday to watch the Wylie Bulldogs take on Lovejoy...the showdown starts at 7:30! Too bad Wylie and AHS are playing on the same day at the same time...in 2 different places...Good Luck to both teams!!! Bring home the VICTORY!!!

~Wishing Everyone a Blessed Week~

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

Terah!I love that we keep running in the same circles and places!...and I really appreciated your comment. That was so sweet you and encouraging to me!

What a pretty blog you have, Terah!I read most of the front page and you have some great ideas. I really liked the 'chipboard' ornaments! Very cool!

I hope youe'll stop by the Lydian Market (when it opens) and check out all the JUNQUE! Have you ever wanted a booth of your own? See you around the neighborhood~

Roxanne