Saturday, November 28, 2009

Still Stuffed....

Well Thanksgiving was 2 days ago and I am still stuffed...well not really...but I cant believe it has come and gone so quickly. It was a beautiful day spent EXACTLY the way I had hoped for. I was surrounded by good food, good people, good conversation and beautiful weather too. Here are a few pictures from the day that I thought I would share.
Jolea and her Grammy...

I am so Thankful for this man...

Sweet girl playing on the wagon...

We had a family game night on Thanksgiving night...and it was such a good time. Might I recommend the word games: Taboo or Buzzword if you are into "that kind of thing" they are both a lot of fun to play, especially with a group of 6 to 8 people. Trey and Stephanie (his girlfriend) were able to join us and we were up till after midnight...fighting-it-out against the boys...too bad we LOST at everything. (my husband will love reading this post just to hear me admit defeat...POO)
Game Time...

Saturday morning we got up and headed to the Fort Worth area to watch some good old fashioned high school football. We watched Abilene High play Cedar Hill first at Birdville Stadium. The weather was perfect, even a bit hot at times and WHOA...what a game! If I am not mistaken, CH was ranked the number 1 team in the state and the number 4 team nationally...and AHS put a whoopin' on them boys. It was such a good, exciting and close game. When AHS came out from half-time, they were ready to put the points on the board and pull away with a victory...which is exactly what they did. What a feeling it must have been for Coach Warren and his players to be the underdogs in such a crucial game...but to come away with the win. What a great confidence booster at such an important time during the playoffs.
Look at all the different scores...see how close it was?

Later that night we were on the road to Saginaw to watch the Wylie Bulldogs take on the Burkburnett Bulldogs! The weather for this one was not quite as warm and toasty...but all the excitement in the air kept me plenty warm. The Bulldogs came away with another win...and step closer to another State Championship. Go Bulldogs!

Both teams play again next weekend...and I know that Andy and my Dad are already counting down the days, hours and minutes till kickoff!

No comments: