Sunday, November 8, 2009

Belated Blogging...

I'm behind...again...as usual, but as they always say "Better Late Than Never!" I left off right before Halloween so I need to fill you in on our eventful first real Halloween Trick or Treating experience. In a scale of 1 to 10 Jolea was about a 7. She DID NOT want to wear her pink poodle hood at the beginning of the night and it took some REAL convincing, but I finally got it on her without her really noticing. Come-on, the hat is what makes the whole darn costume...don't you think? Our first stop was over to Mema and Pepa's house. She got tons of goodies there and she immediately wanted to start "eating" everything. I cant imagine the kind of belly ache this kid must have had...but o-well...it was one night so I let her have free reign. Baby Ava was in town from San Antonio...and they had a fun time playing together and getting into trouble at Mema's house. (Its not baby-proofed what-so-ever...click on collage to enlarge)

After Mema and Pepa's house we headed up to the church for Trunk-or-Treat. By this time Jolea was loving the idea of sticking out her pumpkin and having someone drop in a handful of goodies. She thought that was pretty cool. So cool that she wanted to make the rounds again in the parking lot! I know how the system works and that wouldn't have been fair, so we just walked around the parking lot again meeting and greeting! She had a blast!
Then we were off to the Schlentz house for neighborhood Trick-or-Treating...and SHAME on me because I didn't get any pictures of all the kids together. It was the perfect place for Trick-or-Treating especially with small children. The entire neighborhood is outlined with sidewalks for them to walk along...it was GREAT! By this time Jolea was beginning to slow down a little bit...even drag a little bit...and the pumpkin weighed as much as she did. Before too long I was walking down the street with a Pink Poodle on my hip and a matching hot pink pumpkin in my hand! It was a sight to see. Daddy and all the rest of the men stayed behind to watch football...go figure! The kids spent the whole night duping their pumpkins, taking inventory of all their candy, sorting it into little piles, putting it back in their pumpkins...and so on and so forth...over and over all night long! It kept them busy and out of trouble for the most part. What a great holiday with my little sweetie! She has really grown up withing the last couple of months and going out and doing "kid" stuff has been a lot of fun for Andy and I.
This Friday night was the last football game for Andy and the Bearcats. It was a long, rough season. Even though it wasn't a successful season in terms of winning, I know that Andy is saddened to give up his Friday nights under the lights. Its his passion and he will miss it dearly until next season. In the meantime...its become a tradition that we travel and watch all the playoff games for the Wylie Bulldogs. I hope we will be traveling far into December watching them GO ALL THE WAY this year.
Poppy (My Dad) was gone to the Nascar races with his buds this weekend which meant Christmas Carousel for my mom and I. We have been going to this event for many many years...its our one special mother/daughter date...and I really look forward to and enjoy our time together. A special thanks to Mema for keeping the little stinker for me this year...we appreciate you Mema. I wanted to share some of my finds from this year...
I finally got a Scentsy system for the house! I chose this green burner because it was traditional/classic and blended well with the rest of my house! I have already been using it and I really like it. It gives off a really sweet look too when the lights are off...a dandy little night light!

We have big plans for Christmas this year...and where we are going is VERY VERY cold. So we made a stop at the Comany's Comin booth to stock up on the kinds of foods that warm the heart and soul...because we are gonna need it! I will talk more about this later!

Speaking of Christmas...here is the outfit we bought for my little snowflake! Its by I'm Yours...who make some of the sweetest children's holiday clothing. We already have a Thanksgiving shirt and another Santa shirt that we can mix and match with the sweet polka dot leggings! I cant wait to see her in this! ( I stold the picture from their website...and apparently its a popular piece since it's sold out.)

I asked Andy if he would let me get my Christmas tree out this weekend and he said NO! Its early...I agree...but I have the itch to deck the halls...its my favorite time of the year and it always comes and goes so fast that I really like to get everything up EARLY so I can really enjoy it! Maybe I will try again next weekend.

Last night we decided to go eat at Bonzai. Jolea was far from being a good girl this time. She was a princess whiny pants and I was afraid we werent going to make it through the meal. Can someone please tell me when a child is able to sit through and entire meal without any meltdowns or episodes? Here are a few pics from dinner...

I have a 2 year old that has now attached herself to my arm...therefore...I will have to cut this one off quickly...more to come...maybe during nap time!

1 comment:

Shanan said...

Jolea was an adorable poodle! Too cute!!! :)