Saturday, October 31, 2009

Yippie...its my 100th Post

I cannot believe that I have reached my 100Th post already. This means that I have already shared 100 moments that were particularly special to me...and I can’t wait to share hundreds more. Blogging has been such a fun experience for me...and I have met and gotten to know some WONDERFUL people because of it. Reading all the different blogs is just as fun...if not more fun than posting my own. There are so many blogs and they are all connected like one big web. Its so fun to get a special peek inside people’s lives to see what they have been up to, and whats important to them. So with all that said...let the 100Th post begin. First off I have 2 recipes that I would like to share with you. The holidays are quickly approaching and these are 2 of my FAVORITES. The first one I will share is: Pistachio Cake

This cake is so yummy and it’s a very festive green color too which makes it perfect for mini-holiday cakes to give to your family, friends, teachers and so on.

Ingredients 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix NO PUDDING IN THE MIX 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant pistachio pudding mix 1 cup water 4 eggs 3/4 cup vegetable oil

GLAZE: 1 cup confectioners' sugar 1 tablespoon butter, softened 2 to 3 tablespoons milk

Directions In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mixes, water, eggs and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. In small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients, adding enough milk to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over cake.

I am making this cake tonight for a Halloween get-together…and to be really festive I am adding food coloring to make my drizzle icing orange! I hope it turns out! Serve this cake for dessert or serve it for breakfast with a nice hot cup of coffee…sigh…so delish!

The next dish I want to share is Mama’s Mud Pie. She has been making this dessert around the holiday’s for years…and its everyone’s favorite, So much so…that I usually NEVER get a piece for myself. This is what I chose to serve up for the coach’s this week…and I think my hubby was more than pleased. I have never made it before, but my Mom was right when she said “Its pretty hard to mess this one up!” I do suggest you make this one for the family…they will love you for it. Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of this one...and I don't like the ones on the Internet...they just don't do it justice.

Directions:

1st LAYER: 1 1/2 c. flour1 1/2 sticks butter 1/2 c. finely chopped pecans

2ND LAYER: 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese 1 c. powdered sugar 2 c. Cool Whip

3RD LAYER: 2 (3 oz.) pkgs. instant pudding (chocolate/vanilla) 3 c. cold milk

4TH LAYER: 1 lg. carton Cool Whip (minus the 2 c. used for 2ND layer) Directions:

Mix flour and butter and press into bottom of 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake 20 minutes at 325 degrees. Cool completely.

Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and 2 cups Cool Whip with mix and spread over cooled crust. Refrigerate.

Mix pudding mix with milk and pour over cream cheese layer. Cover top with remaining Cool Whip.

Decorate with shaved chocolate or sprinkles, finely chopped pecans or toasted coconut. Refrigerate.

There you have it...2 of my FAVORITE dessert dishes...I hope they make you and your family smile too.

Jolea has a big night tonight…First it’s off to Mema and Pepa’s house with cousin Ava, then we are heading to Trunk-or-Treat, then it’s off to The Schlentz’s house for some fun door-to-door Trick-or-Treating! I’m sure she will be plum worn out and I bet that Mommy and Daddy will be too.

This afternoon before we made a trip to WalMart, Jolea was sweet enough to let me get some pictures...

I cant wait to get pictures of Jolea and all the other kids tonight all dressed up in their costumes! I hope she is as excited to wear her pink poodle costume tonite...as she was the other day...I guess we will have to wait and see. Today has turned out to be a "BOO"tiful day (ha ha) and I hope the weather continues to cooperate for all the Trick or Treaters tonight.

Happy Halloween to everyone out there...I hope you are having a SPOOKtacular day.

~Till Next Time~

1 comment:

Michelle said...

congrats on your 100th! and looks like yummy recipes, too!