Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sweet Treat Thursday...

Today is Thursday...again...and that means treats for the coach's. This week I decided on Soapapilla Cheesecake. It happens to be Andy's favorite...so I know he is on board! I found the recipe from this sweet little blog (listed below). I am ALWAYS on the look-out for fun easy dishes to make. I am still a rookie in the kitchen, but I am really getting better and more brave too! Just for kicks I thought I would provide you with the recipe. Pair these little cuties with a warm cup of coffee...and Oh My...what a beautiful way to start your morning.

Soapapilla Cheesecake by realmomkitchen.blogspot.com
2 cans Pillsbury Crescent rolls
2-8oz Cream Cheese (room temperature)
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 stick butter (1/2 cup real butter not margarine)
Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Unroll and press 1 can crescent rolls into the bottom of your baking dish press the seams together. In a separate bowl blend the cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla (Tina used a tsp and a half, because she loves vanilla extract. I think it would be fun to try other extracts like almond extract) spread over top of dough. Unroll the second can of crescent rolls and place on top of the cream cheese mixture pressing seams together again. Melt butter and pour over top layer of crescents. Mix the reaming 1/2 cup of sugar & cinnamon together. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture generously over the top. If you don't think that's enough cinnamon sugar on top add more its really up to you there's no rules on this part of the recipe. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until bubbly and bottom crust is slightly brown. Cool, slice and enjoy!
Remember this?

I told you about the leftover fabric from Jolea's nursery that I had a vision for. The shelf was one of my 1/2 price bargains at the Dittos sale...and get this...when I flipped it over I found a precious little Pottery Barn sticker on the back! 6 dollars...WOW...what a steal. Now it looks like this...

It turned out cute and it was oh-so-easy. Now I have a place for all of Jolea's MDO papers and art work to display. She really likes it when I take something out of her backpack and pin it on her board...and so does Mommy. (a special THANKS to my handy man hubby...who HATES hanging things)
These are just a few random shots of my little Einstein baby...look at that hair would ya? We were just out of the bath and she was being a really silly girl!

This weekend should be paved with LOTS of birthday party preparations, homework and housework...then before I know it, it will be Monday again. I am so READY for a break...so bring on the holidays!

4 comments:

Val said...

I love Soapapilla cheesecake - but I love all cheesecake - I made this last year for the first time and it was a big hit - I may have to make it again since you showed such a yummy picture. I love the pin up shelf too - so cute!!

Whitney said...

Sopapilla Cheesecake is one of my favorite things to make b/c it so easy and so good!

The board turned out so cute!

Michelle said...

just wrote that yummy soapapilla cheesecake recipe down and love your "new" board. so cute!

Shanan said...

Sopapilla Cheesecake is one of Cary's favorites!!! I had forgotten about it until I saw it on your blog. (thanks!) Also, Happy Belated Birthday! If I ever make it to Abilene with this hectic schedule, I will definitely call you. Yes, it would be a great idea to get together and I know we would have a blast!!! I will just have to plan on coming that way after football season, because it really isn't a bad drive at all. Hope yall have a great weekend!