Friday, October 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Angel Of Mine...

Happy Birthday to You....
Happy Birthday to You....
Happy Birthday dear Sweet Jolea...
Happy Birthday to You.
I seriously cannot believe that my BABY GIRL, Jolea Dru Ward, is two years old today!!!! I can close my eyes and go back to the very moment I first held her in my arms. How tiny she was...and how adorable she was. She didn't look like most newborns with mushed features and coneheads. She was smooth skinned and perfect. Jolea was born at 12:29 (a.m.) on Tuesday, October 23rd via c-section after and incredibly long day of labor. She was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen, and she has been a joy in my life every day since. Happy Birthday sweet Girl.

It has been the greatest joy in mine and Andy's life to be parents to this little girl. It hasn't been the easiest thing we have ever done, that is for sure, but it is by far the MOST rewarding job we have ever done. Our love for her runs deeper than any ocean ever could and all the way to the moon and back. It's actually difficult to describe the love I have for this little girl being her momma...the words really just aren't enough. I have so many hopes and dreams for her...I pray that her life is abundantly blessed and that she always remains in the grips of God's grace. I found this sweet little poem on the Internet...and I wanted it to be a part of this post.
A two year old is so many things.
A tiny discoverer of butterfly wings.
A hugger of teddies, a sweet sleepy head.
And someone to dream for in bright years ahead.
A special new person who right from the start,
has a place in the family and a coarse in your heart.
And just when you think you've learned all the things,
That your dear daughter is, and the joy that she brings,
A hug or a grin comes with such a sweet surprise,
That love finds you smiling with tears in your eyes.
What a special day it is for me personally and everyone in our family...the day we got meet our Jolea Dru...and the day the greatest adventure we have ever been on began.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY...YOUR MOMMA AND DADDY LOVE YOU SO MUCH! (more pics to come later...but these are a few of my favorites for now)

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Happy Birthday Jolea! It was funny after you left last night, Jason said, "She's sweet!" I just thought that was funny coming from a guy's mouth! Hope the par-tay is fabulous!

ajphillips said...

Happy Birthday Jolea!