Sunday, October 4, 2009

Is It Monday Already...

Another weekend has come and gone…and it’s already looking like Monday again. This past week has been a complete “blur” to me. We didn’t even have a Friday night football game this week and we were still crazy busy. October is a busy month…Dittos for Kiddos, football games, birthday parties, and Halloween trick or treating to name a few. I presume this week will be just as busy as all the others have been…but I wanted to take a few minutes to update what we have been up to. As I mentioned before…this weekend was the Dittos sale…and boy-o-boy…did I find some bargains. I LOVE participating in this sale and I love the THRILL of the hunt and finding sweet bargains for my little punkin-butt. Since Grammy was gone during the sale this year…I was on my own…and it was ruff. She is usually there with me and the extra pair of hands is awesome. We get double the bargains when we are there together. There were so many racks full of so many clothes, but I am only one woman and I could only move so fast. I came away with some adorable outfits made by the top of the line children’s clothing brands like Mis-Tee-V-US, Cach Cach, Chicken Noodle, Baby Lulu, and Peaches and Crème to name a few. Here are a few of my favorite finds.

I also found this great Pottery Barn ledge shelf at the sale…I have a vision for this little baby…and I think it will turn out very CUTE…and the great thing is I got if for 6 dollars…and it can easily be transformed (painted) to fit her big girl room one of these days when I can afford to start that project. I plan on covering the push-pin board in coordinating fabric leftover from when I was putting her baby nursery together...low and behold…two years later…its finally going to come in handy. More to come about this...

In the end the Dittos for Kiddos sale was another success and I am so glad that I am able to be a part of it. I am already looking forward to the next sale in late February…I wonder what kind of bargains I will find then… Grammy and Poppy got back from Playa Del Carmen on Saturday and we were there to greet them at the airport. I am convinced this is where Andy and I need to go this summer after I graduate. The pictures are beautiful and my Mom says its “Perfect!” We are hoping to do something fun this summer in celebration of me finishing school, but we still have a while to think about that…for now I will look at these pictures…sigh…and try not to drool all over the computer keyboard :) Its a shame that these are so small...but I tried to make them bigger with no luck :(

My birthday is coming up…UGH…the big 28…and since it falls on a Monday we are headed to Perini’s on Saturday night for supper. Its my favorite place to eat in all of Abilene…and I am already counting down the days…Yummy…Prime Rib…I can see it and taste it now. Can someone please tell my why birthdays are so much fun till you hit about 25? Speaking of birthdays…Jolea’s is right around the corner. I just about have everything taken care of, but I still need to print the invites, order the cupcakes, wrap the gifts and make some cupcake toppers for the cupcakes. Something along these lines...

I wish I could just buy them, but SERIOUSLY I am not paying 20 dollars for paper cupcake toppers when I am sure I can just make them myself. I guess I had better get busy.
These are just a few pictures from this week...she was having some sweet moments and I always do my best to try and capture as many of those as possible. Maybe I should start posting some of her "not-so-precious" moments on here as well so you can get the big picture...just kidding...I wouldn't dare :)

~Blessings this week Y'all~

2 comments:

Whitney said...

You did GOOD! I love those brands! Next time, with all of your free hands and time can you shop for me too? Ha!

And A BIG CONGRATS on your WIN! WHOO HOO!

Michelle said...

great finds! i was on a dittos "high" for a few days after all that bargain shopping!