Sunday, October 11, 2009

Another One Bites The Dust...

Hmmm...do I look any different to you?

Yup...its here...I am one year older today and one year closer to my 30's. Now don't get me wrong, 30 is NOT old, but it is a big deal when you move up a number in the 10's place. Someone in their 20's is young without a doubt, but once you crossover into the the 30's...there is no turning back...and the young without a doubt spunk is gone forever. I hope I am lucky enough to age like my Mom...have you seen her? She is one hot mama! You know your mother looks really good at 50 (sorry Mom!) when people overhear you having a conversation between clothing racks at the mall and totally freak out when they hear me call her "Mom." Someone has even asked us if we were twins! Come on people...I know the woman does look pretty good, but I am half her age, so what does that say about me? Regardless of how I change over the years...or how old I get...one thing remains the same...I AM BLESSED. I have so many wonderful things to be THANKFUL for and so many wonderful people to be THANKFUL for. God has been so good to me in my 28 years of earthly life. He has always provided for me and my family even if at times it seemed He was no where to be found. He has brought me heartaches and He has brought me miracles and peace in this life...but with each...I have learned such valuable lessons and so much about myself as a person. Since today is my birthday...I thought it would be fitting to share with you some of the things I am MOST thankful for on this day in no particular order.
I am THANKFUL for our home. Even though we don't "own" this nest, its a place we can call home. A place that we can lay our heads at the end of each long day, a place where our photos line the walls, a place that looks and smells like us. No matter where we vacation, what sights we see...we have always been so blessed to have a place we call home.
There's No Place Like Home

I am THANKFUL for my health, on this day. I have never had to "battle" any kind of evils when it comes to my health. I have known so many people who woke up to an ordinary day only to find out they were very sick. I have known people who have watched their children go through unimaginable operations and procedures searching for "a cure." God has blessed me with good health for 28 years and I am so grateful for that.
I am THANKFUL for my Friends. Old friends and new friends, it is great to have lasting relationships with people who you truly care about. Everyone I know adds something to my life either by challenging me to be better, or by giving me a good laugh. I am especially THANKFUL for my best friend of 10+ years Jaclyn and my my best friend of 28 years...my Mother.
Jaclyn and I at the shower I hosted for her

"Our Daughters" playing together...what a sweet moment

Me and my precious Mother

I am THANKFUL for my family!!! The relationships that I have developed with my Mom and Dad are the foundation of who I am. They both have such "giving" hearts and "sweet" spirits. My life is blessed because of all the wonderful things they have worked so hard to give me, during the course of their own lives. I couldnt ask for a better Grammy and Poppy for my sweet Jolea. She is really CRAZY about them.

I am THANKFUL for my marriage. It hasn't always been easy...there have been rough spots along the way but without any doubt, it has ALWAYS been worth it. Andy is my partner...my best friend for life...I chose him and he chose me...we are friends, parents and soul mates...and I am THANKFUL for him. I thank God for such an incredible father to our only child. He is not just a part of her life...he is IN her life EVERY single day...which is something that so many kids do not have.

The Man I love

I am THANKFUL for this little girl named Jolea. I thought I knew what love was when I met Andy, but true love hit me the moment I laid eyes on my precious miracle from God. I never knew I was capable of loving another human being as much as I love this little girl. She is one "strong" willed child, and even though it drives me nuts at times, I hope it will benefit her later in life when it comes time to make the right choices and decisions. She has my whole heart and soul in the palm of her hands...and she knows it!

This picture "says it all"

Today really is just "another" day...but it's another day to be THANKFUL for all the wonderful blessings in my life. There are hundred's of images I wish I could share with you that depict the happiness of this life...but I just don't have the time to share them all and I am sure you don't have the time to look at them all.
What a great way to start of another week...Blessings to you all.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

AAWW...what a sweet post! And you made me CRY! Thanks for all the sweet words about your momma! I love you dearly and I hope you have a wonderful day! And I am so Thankful that you are my daughter! Today and everyday...." 28TH HAPPY BIRTHDAY"

Michelle said...

happy birthday, terah! hope your day is filled with all the the wonderful people you are thankful for and they are all celebrating YOU! girl, you deserve it!

love the 'thankful' post and eat some yummy cake for all of us!

Whitney said...

Happy Birthday Terah! I quit (or am taking a break from) FB, but I have been getting on just to check b-days and I haven't gotten on to see yours so this is your birthday wish! I hope you have had a wonderful day and Andy gets to come home extra early to celebrate with you!

Jolea's party is going to be so cute! You are so talented!

Val said...

Have a wonderful birthday - your Mom looks wonderful - she could definitely pull off being your older sister easily! It has to feel good that you got those genes!!

campers said...

hope your day was perfect!!! Happy birthday!