Monday, October 5, 2009

Just Because A Girl Can Dream...Right?

Just for fun...and just because a girl can dream of all the things she wishes she could have...I decided to give myself a birthday shopping spree. There was no money or commitment involved in this adventure...and that is the best kind of shopping anyone can do...right? So let the "Fantasy Spree" begin...
I was at the mall the other day and I just so happened to stop in Victoria's Secret. I NEVER go in there because...quite frankly I have no reason to go in there and all my undies and bra's come from Walmart or Target...and they have always suited me just fine. However I do like a nice fragrance and I fell in love with this one...its their new one...just out! It's got a great clean smell with a slight hint of sweetness...I like it, its called Noir.

Speaking of things that smell good...I am totally ga-ga over the Tyler Candle Co's: Pineapple Crush scent. Every year when we go to the Christmas Carousel in November we load up on these candles...but sometimes its a challenge. Pineapple crush is always their demo smell...which makes EVERYONE want to buy one and they sell out QUICKLY. They are sold downtown at The Arrangement, but I rarely find myself in that area...and I don't want to make the special trip, so I try to get them at Carousel when I can.

Moving on to yet another "scentsational" item on the wish list is a Scentsy flameless candle system. Scentsy Warmers use a low-watt bulb to melt special wax slowly, maximizing the fragrance time of the Scentsy Bar or Scentsy Brick...and there are over 80 fragrances. Check out the burners...aren't they precious? I am torn between the leopard and the zebra and the traditional burner that goes with everything in my house! What I like the most about this is there is no flame to worry about. I am infamous for leaving a candle burning and with this I am safe...there is no fire involved...and my little princess with all her curiosity will be safe too. There are several ladies from church that have gotten involved in selling these...but I havent been able to make a party yet...so I am adding this to the wish list.

Hmm...lets talk about some gift-cards...I love gift-cards...they are the PERFECT gift because the gesture is so kind...and at the same time you can go pick out something you really want or at least put the money towards something you are saving for. At Christmas time I am all about giving the gift cards to family. Two of my favorite places to shop are Hobby Lobby and Forever 21. Of course we don't have a Forever 21 in Abilene, so I guess it would be a good excuse to go to Fort. Worth for some shopping. Either of these would put a smile on my face :)

I came across these little darlings at Sam's the other day...and my heart went aflutter. They are so cute and I have seen so many cute ideas that you can use these for. Although my current residence really doesn't have room for these...I still think they are SUPER cute...and I am sure I could find a place for them. I can just see it now...changing out what's inside to match the season or the holiday...Oh what fun.

I have been collecting Willow Tree Angels for a few years now...but I don't have this one. I believe this one is The Angel of Autumn...and since my birthday is a fall birthday...I think its a perfect addition. I cant wait to show off my Willow Tree Christmas manger that my mother-in-law gave me. She usually adds to it every year...and I just LOVE it. I would keep it out year-round if Andy would let me.

I am a big fan of jewelry and I have been wanting something personalized for a long time. I have shopped on Etsy.com and found lots of cute things...and I am leaning towards something like this:

Even if mine and Andy's names were on one silver disc with Jolea's name on the other...and then SOMEDAY when we add to the family number I can have another silver piece added. I love this idea...its sweet...and it keeps the ones you love the most close to your heart.
Finally...just like the gift cards...you can NEVER go wrong with good old'fashioned cash! You can save it, spend it, hide it or share it if you really want to! I can usually count on my Dad for this gift...he would rather just fork it over than have to stress about what to buy his only daughter...and I am perfectly okay with that.

Well that's about all for me...its a shame when you cant really think of anything you "need" and you are just grabbing at things you "want!" It really makes me stop and realize how abundantly blessed I am. Okay I better get off here and do something productive because something tells me "Fantasy Shopping" doesn't qualify as productive.

1 comment:

Shanan said...

Oh I love to do this and dream about all the places I want to go!!! I am always telling my husband, "One day, can we go here?" and "Some day, we are going to go here!" With a schedule like his and a paycheck (ha) it is going to take a while!!! But isn't it fun to dream!!! Maybe I need to go buy a lottery ticket. If I win, I will come get you and we can go shopping! :)