Friday, October 9, 2009

Cha...Cha...Cha...Changes

I know...I know...I know...how many times can one person change their blog in one week...ALOT. I would build one on my own...and then find one someone else had already built that was way cuter...then I would change my mind and try to build another...and it was just a nasty cycle. I'm happy with this one for now, but I am sure I will have a simply fall blog, a Christmas blog and a New Years or winter inspired blog before its all said and done. I get bored and I really LOVE changing things up. Okay moving on...
This week flew right by just like all the rest of them and THANKFULLY it was fairly un-eventful. School is really keeping me busy lately...after supper its off to the computer to work on homework. Luckily I have a super-dude husband that really helps out around here...EVEN during football season. Thanks honey!
Tomorrow night we have reservations at Perini's with Grammy and Poppy...a fond tradition of mine for several years now. Each time someone has a birthday, they get to choose where we go eat. The funny thing is...everyone almost always chooses Perini's as their choice. I am no different than the rest...its my FAVORITE. My sweet Auntie is going to keep Jolea for us too...so that is a special little added bonus this year. She can rarely sit through a 30 minute meal...much less a meal that takes an hour and 30 minutes.
Speaking of that sweet little toot...I am having a dilemma! I need advice! I thought all along I was going to do her birthday with hot pink cupcakes from Sam's. A friend of mine from church says they make awesome cupcakes at an awesome price! So with that in mind I wanted to design some of those cute little cupcake toppers to make them extra special. Remember these?

Well I told you I wasn't going to spend money to buy these when I could just make them myself...so here is what I came up with!

What do you think? It kinda looks like the center circles are off-center but I think its just the way the blogger image looks, because when I print them they look fine. Here is the problem...after I print these little cuties...how on earth do I go about getting them on a stick of some sort to be inserted into each cupcake? What kind of paper should I use? What about the sticks? HELP! Also, just curious which one do you like better? Or should I use them both for a little bit of variety? I made a quick trip into Albertsons this week and asked the bakery chic about making me a zebra striped sheet cake. I was thinking it would be thru-the-roof expensive since zebra stripes seems kinda like a specialty request, but she says its one of her most popular cakes right now. The price...16.99 for a 1/4 sheet or 23.99 for a full sheet. I cant decide which one I want to do now...what do you think? If I do the cake that means...no toppers...but I really think the toppers are cute...don't you? Ugh...who knew a party for a 2 year old could be so daunting :) I also got the zebra print wrapping paper ordered this week. I was in complete shock at the fact that I couldn't find any of that around town. I searched high and low and came up empty handed...I mean really...where is the card and party factory when you need em? I turned to the trusty website also known as eBay.com. It should be here this week!
This weeks sweet treat was supposed to be German Chocolate Cake...but do you notice anything a little "off" about this picture?

OMG...I don't know what I was thinking...I bought a classic yellow cake mix for German CHOCOLATE cake! And get this...the funny thing is I had NO IDEA about what I had done until Andy says..."Hey honey, the cake was really good, but we (the coaches) were thinking that with German CHOCOLATE cake...the cake was supposed to be chocolate?" Then it hit me like a ton of bricks...I had used a classic yellow mix by mistake...what a bonehead mistake! And I even took a picture for this post last night BEFORE I made it...and nothing ever clicked! Now...that's funny!
Since we are talking about football...I guess now would be a good time to mention that the Hawley Bearcats did not win tonite against Eastland. They lost 47 to 19. Poor kids...they are barely operating at a 2A level...and they are playing against teams that outnumber them, outweigh them, out-skill them...its really not fair that the bigger districts get a big school/small school break...these little bitty towns like Hawley, Anson and Stamford...don't stand a chance against Cisco, Eastland and Clyde! Its a David and Goliath situation...and David ain't on the winning end! Jolea and I braved the cold tonite...although we did make an early departure after we watched the half-time bands (her favorite part!) We were all bundled up and we managed to get a few pictures...
BAD
BETTER

BEST

We came home...jumped into our jammies and crawled into mommy and daddy's bed to watch some Barney before bed. What a sweet girl she was today. We had lunch at Jason's Deli with Grammy and even did some shopping at Kohls.

Sunday is family picture day! I'm thrilled...Andy is...not so much thrilled! I picked up a top for myself and a sweet hounds-tooth dress for Jolea to wear! I cannot wait to see what kind of images our photographer manages to capture...so my fingers are crossed for good weather on late Sunday afternoon/evening.

I leave you with some pictures of Jolea's newest "thing!" When she sees mommy in the bathroom "getting ready" she thinks she needs to get ready too. She has her very own makeup bag and mirror that she gets out! What a big girl!

~Till Next Time Y'all~

5 comments:

Val said...

I love the blog header - I thought the others were cute too! Like you I like to play with all that stuff. I am totally with you on the big school/small school stuff. We played a team that their enrollment is double us - DOUBLE - how far is that! We have always been at 5A until now - so we(me) are having to adjust to this! We had a cold night too - and our stands looked about like yours - we did make it to the end - but both girls are pretty cranky today and coughing alot - I hope they didn't get sick from it. My 2 year old fell on the field after the game as completly soaked from the nasty wet field.

Michelle said...

cute header, love the changes!

1. i vote cupcakes!

2. print off the little circles on regular paper and glue them to a popsicle stick, one on each side. you could even paint them pink or black.

3. clara loves the makeup and "helping" me get ready too!

4. have fun at perini's and eat some poppers for me!

Shanan said...

Ok, where/how do you make your blog headers? They are all so cute!I love the make-up pictures! Isn't funny how they already want to be like Mommy at such a young age?! Hope you have a great week!

campers said...

well if you ever get bored enough you can ch ch change mine :~) where do you get all your cute stuff?? what program do you use? i can't wait to see y'alls family pics!!!

campers said...

so if you get too bored you can cha cha cha cahnge my blog....what program do you use and what sites do you get all your cute stuff!!! Can't wait to see y'alls family pics!!