Sunday, April 19, 2009

Blogger's Withdrawal...

I have been waiting all week for a spare moment or two to update my blog and here we are late Sunday evening before I could find the time. This past week was totally out-of-control crazy. I had school work out the wazoo and it felt like everything kept piling on top of each other. Luckily this is Andy's last week of baseball and I know that we are both very excited about that.
On Friday night we went to the Abilene Cage Fights (kinda ungirly I know) but I have actually enjoyed MMA (mixed martial arts) for several years now. I even have my very own favorite fighter that I follow. Anyway, my dad got us the best seats in the house, and we had a great time. It was a little freaky to watch it live and hear the punches and see the blood, but I managed to stick it out. When you watch it on TV, at least the sound effects are slightly muted. It was fun to have something a little different to do in Abilene. Of course you will notice that Andy is absent from all of these photos and that is because he had to coach 2 baseball games and miss out on all the fun!!! Boo Hoo!!!

Speaking of Andy, I am so proud of him and my dad. They woke up super early on Saturday morning to go run in the Mayor's Roundup. It was the first time either of them have ever run a 5K (3.1 miles) and they did a super job. Andy finished in 27 minutes and Poppy finished in 28 minutes. 3 miles in 28 minutes isn't too shabby for a 50 year old man...so "Way To Go Poppy!"

Saturday afternoon the weather was beautiful...and that means my little darling wanted to be outside for as long as she possibly could. We doused her in sunscreen and tried to make her wear one of those big floppy hats, but that didn't work out so well. I did manage to snap a few sweet pictures. My little darling is going to be turning 18 months old this week, so I will try and dedicate a special post just for her!!! I cannot believe she is getting so big and so grown up. She learns something new every single day it seems like. Since we are talking about how "grown-up" she is, I have to brag on her behavior at church today. She was so GOOD!!! She sat there and said her prayers and she listened to the singing. She wasn't her typical "bouncing off the walls" self crawling under and over the pews or bouncing from Grammy to Poppy, then to Mommy and then Grammy again (you get the point) this morning. Church was very nice and a lot less stressful!!! Thank You Jolea...Mama and Daddy were very proud of you.
There was a big ticket UFC fight on this weekend, so we hung out with some great friends to watch it. We had a great time!!! Here are some pictures from the evening...and then a collage of all the sweet kiddos that were there!!! Too cute!!! Grammy was nice enough to let Andy and I go without Jolea...and it was really nice to have some grown up time!!!

Good Lordy its the start of a new week already which means that with each day that passes I am one day closer to the summer. Considering that I am taking a full load this summer its not going to be much of a break...ha ha ha. This weekend we are having Andy's parents come to our house to visit. I plan on making a really great meal...so wish me luck that it all turns out. Sometimes when I cook its rather eventful...and I don't mean in a good way.


2 comments:

campers said...

Hey Girl! I am glad you had fun at the fights....you are sooo tough! I can't even watch it on tv, much less in person! We need to see y'all soon! It's been to long!

SeoulSearching said...

hey! I found you! :) such cute pics everywhere!! I'm gong to miss you!