Thursday, April 23, 2009

Jolea's First Trip to the Minor Emergency Room...

I guess I still have the "New Mommy" syndrome in my blood and when my sweet baby turned one of the kitchen chairs over on herself...Mommy totally freaked out. Now I know what you are thinking...how heavy can a kitchen chair be? Well our table is really a little indoor/outdoor bistro table, so its HEAVY...very HEAVY. My curious little Jolea thought it would be a great idea to try and pull the chair out so she could sit at the table, but that's not the way it worked out. The whole chair knocked her over and landed right on her forehead. Her forehead immediately swelled to the size of at least a golf ball, turned purplish-yellowish and filled with blood. Not to mention the knot that is on the back of her head where she hit it on the tile kitchen floor. I have never heard her cry so hard in my life, and my guts were in knots with worry about her having a concussion, or a serious head injury. It's amazing how you become paralyzed with fear when you think something horrible has happened to your child. Her daddy scooped her up off the ground and I could feel myself just wanting to take her from him, to hold her myself, but I had to get my self together and figure out what had just happened. I called Grammy to get her advice and of course we both agreed its better to be safe than sorry, so I made the call to go ahead and take her to the minor emergency room in Anson and I am glad I did. The doctor on call said we did the right thing and that it would be best for her to get an X-ray to check for any kind of skull fracture. Everything looked fine and we are home safe and sound, but my little darling will be wearing a Big Ole' Goose-egg for a few days I'm sure. The pictures don't come close to showing you what it really looks like, but I posted them anyway. She is asleep right now and I get the pleasure of waking her up every 2 hours for the next 12 hours, just to be on the safe side.

On a different and more serious note, Andy's dad was in a motorcycle accident this morning. God is so good and he is so lucky to be alive. He broke both wrists/hands and one leg and knee cap. He is expected to have surgery in the early morning. I am so happy he was wearing a helmet!!! I get so angry when I see a motorcyclist that isn't wearing a helmet...to me that is like signing your own death certificate. Andy has wanted a bike for a long long time and I am never going to be okay with him having one. I am terrified of those stupid things and I don't even think they should be allowed on the streets. A motorcycle is never going to win against a car or truck...that's all there is too it. So please keep Andy's mother and his siblings in your prayers as they help his dad with recovery.


5 comments:

Whitney said...

Her knot is HUGE! Poor baby and we'll say a prayer for Andy's Dad!

campers said...

My stomach is in knots...just reading this! Poor baby! I am so glad she is ok!

ajphillips said...

Awwwh Poor Baby Jolea! I would have freaked out. I always tell Jordan that I am scared to death to have boys, when that time comes, because I know all about his crazy accidents! Not sure I can handle it. Jordan had a dirt bike when we got married, well he no longer has it. I hated it and thought the same thing, it is just an accident waiting to happen. Even though it wasn't a street bike, I was so scared he would hurt himself!

M'chelle said...

Awwww Poor baby! That makes my head hurt just looking at it. I can't imagine what it really looks like if you say these pictures don't to the damage justice. :(

Sorry to hear about the accident, but I am glad that he is ok. Right after Jeremy and I got married, the best man in our wedding was killed in a motorcycle accident. It was terrible! The ONLY positive thing was that changed Jeremy's desire for one. I am with you they are just WAY TOO dangerous for my taste. (now Jeremy's too)I hope Andy's dad has a speedy recovery and things get better soon!

Michelle said...

Poor sweet baby, and poor Mommy! No matter how old they get that's never fun to see your baby hurt like that.

And I'm with ya on the bike thing!