Thursday, April 30, 2009

You Might Be a Redneck if...

You pull your baby around in a cooler...and she loves it!!!
(I have a video but blogger isn't cooperating so I will try again later)

We were outside playing on the back porch...and Andy was just about to put the cooler back in the shed. Jolea chased him down just in time to "hitch a ride" around the backyard!!! She was loving it!!! When you don't have a Radio Flyer Wagon...just use the Ole' Igloo Cooler. I don't recommend taking it to the park or anything like that...but it was a very funny moment.

Margarita's are one of my very favorite drinks. I enjoyed a refreshing margarita out on my back porch tonite...and I want to share this recipe with you :) Its beautifully easy and very tasty. I got a plunger pitcher from pampered chef when we got married...and its PERFECT for mixing these rita's.

Chuck Wagon Margarita's:

1 can of lemon/lime from the frozen section (thawed)

Fill the lemon/lime can about 3/4 of tequila (your choice)

Add 1 can full of water

1 can of beer (your choice)

a pinch of salt

**add ice, then taste...if it's too strong add water or a bit of sprite till you get the perfect Rita**

I love that its quick and easy and its relatively inexpensive too. Great for serving at your backyard get-togethers...or girls night!!! Speaking of margarita's and back yard get-togethers...its a sweet reminder that summer is right around the corner. Some might even say its already here with this weather we have been having. I love the summer time...going to the lake, playing in the water, wearing flip flops and bermuda shorts. I love going on vacation and the smell of sunscreen on my sweet baby girl. I love being able to wear a tank top and not get cold...or drive around with my windows down and the sunroof open. I love sitting on the back porch with my hubby or my friends just talking the night away...I love getting pedicures with my Mom and having a little sunburn on my shoulders and the end of my nose...I LOVE SUMMER!!!


2 comments:

campers said...

I will for sure have to try that recipe soon! At our next get together we may just have to pull out the cooler for the kiddos! Have fun this weekend!!!

Michelle said...

hilarious about the cooler! i also wrote down that rita recipe! sounds yummm!