Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy 18 Months Jolea Dru Ward

HAPPY 18 MONTHS JOLEA

Can you believe my sweet Jolea Dru is 18 months old tomorrow? I can’t! I can remember all too clearly the feeling of Jolea kicking and swirling in my belly. How did we get from there to here in what feels like the blink of an eye? My little Miss Independent thinks she is a very big girl these days. I wont realize how much I love doing the "little" things for her until she does not need me to do them for her anymore. She already doesn’t need help getting on or off the couch. She knows when she is hungry that there is yogurt or ice cream in the fridge and if she were just a little stronger and a little bit taller she would be able to get it herself. I realize I have a very short time frame to enjoy watching her pulling on the refrigerator door handle and saying, “More" or "Bite"! In a few more months she will be getting it herself. And right now she is so sweet! She is always climbing into mine or Grammy's lap for hugs and kisses. Its so cute when I tell her I love her, although she cant say "I love you" back to me she has gotten into the habit of responding with, "Awww" and patting me on the back which just melts my heart. The personality that Jolea has is such a blessing. She is this little character in my life that always has a way of making me smile...even when she is getting into trouble. When she knows she is in trouble, she comes running at me full force, she clings to my leg starts patting me and saying "Awww!" Now is that acting or what? She is a stubborn little mess sometimes and I am afraid that she might learn many lessons the "hard way" but it sure is fun watching her learn. This little child has brought me so much joy in such a short time that I cant imagine all the joy she will bring me in her lifetime. I know it wont always be roses, but she has a way of taking hold of my heart. I cannot remember what life was like before she got here, and I can only imagine that her Daddy and I mush have been terribly bored...ha ha ha. We love her so very much and for me, its an honor to be her Mommy!

(click on collage to view larger image)

~XOXO~


1 comment:

Whitney said...

Happy 18 months! It goes by too fast!