Sunday, April 5, 2009

Weekend Recap...

Well this weekend is a blur just like the rest of them have been. We have been so busy lately and I am ready for a much needed vacation in May.
On Friday night, Jolea and I went on a date with Grammy to the Olive Garden. Poppy was out of town at the Nascar races and my hubby was coaching baseball in Cisco. Its our tradition to eat there when our "men" are busy doing other things. We enjoyed sharing our favorite Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo...Salad...and Bread sticks dipped in Alfredo sauce...it was delicious.

Friday night I got to spend time with two of my girlfriends...Jen and Cherie. We just sat out on the back porch, built us a little fire in the fire-pit, turned on the country music, had a few drinks and talked the night away. It was so nice to have some "grown-up" time after I got Jolea to bed for the night.

Saturday morning I woke up early to clean house...when your house is on the market it "always" has to be tidy. Speaking of the house...no real bites yet. We have printed off tons of fliers and have gotten several calls, but no serious lookers yet. I think I am going to place an add in the Abilene Reporter News, I just hope I don't have a coronary when they tell me that I owe them about 80 dollars for running an add for only 1 month...highway robbery if you ask me, but that's a whole other story. Grammy and Poppy have their house on the market too so when I got done cleaning my own, I headed to Abilene to clean Grammy's. I love having EXTRA money in my pocket...and Grammy loves having a Merry Maid...so we are both winners.

Andy and I went on a date last night to see the movie "He's Just Not That Into You!" Of course I thought it was a great movie and although I did catch him chuckle a couple of times...he says I should have seen that one with some girlfriends! We had a good time and it's the first movie we have been to in a long long time. A very special "Thanks" to Grammy for keeping Jolea while we were gone.
Today we went to Sam's (one of my favorite places on this earth) and of course I found a few things I WISH I could have. My sweet Jolea and all the kids in the neighborhood would love these awesome toys. I really like the water slide thingy...it looks like so much fun. Maybe we can save up some extra money and get one of these things for Christmas this year. A girl can dream...
I tried to get a cute picture of Jolea in her Easter dress tonite...but she really made that a difficult task. I miss those days when she would just sit there and smile at me. I have some of the BEST pictures of her when she was just a baby...and now it takes an act of congress to snap a good one. She is as fast as lighting...or at least I think so. Here are a few that I did manage to snap. I am going to try to get an Easter card out, but I better get a move-on-it or else I am going to run out of time. "Thanks" to my sweet friend Whitney for the Easter dress that she passed down to us...she had a garage sale and let me come and look at all her goodies "pre-sale!" Thanks Whitney!
It started off pretty good...
Still going well...
Bam...this is how Jolea feels about getting her picture taken
Speaking of Easter I will be gearing up for an Easter Egg hunt this weekend with our small group at church. I am really excited about this event...and I really love to play host. We are going to have hamburgers and hotdogs. I hope the weather is just perfect for the hunt, and that all the kids have fun! Wish me luck!
Tomorrow is the start of a new week, and I hope I have lots of good "blog worthy" things going on...we shall wait and see!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

The dress looks so cute on her! I think that was one of Morgan's Easter dresses!

ajphillips said...

Love the picture with her hiney(sp?) up in the air! Too funny!