Monday, May 4, 2009

Retail Therapy...

O my goodness...I LOVE SHOPPING!!! It just makes me happy and giddy on the inside. My Mom and I take a girls trip to Fort. Worth at least every 6 months...and we always have such a good time together. We left on Saturday morning at 9:00 and got there at about 11:30. Our fist stop was the Grapevine Mills Mall. This place has become one of my very favorite shopping establishments. Its a one stop shop to all my favorite places...I spent most of my money at Forever 21. Now considering that I am way closer to 30 than I am to 21...I don't know why I like this store so much. A lot of their stuff is too funky and too skimpy for me, but I always come away with a handful of very classy conservative things that I think are just darling. I'm a huge fan of the Gap and Banana Republic, but I really didn't find much at these two places this time. J.Crew is adorable...but has officially creeped outside of my budget...I mean 32 dollars for a tank-top...I don't think so!!! Even though Hollister and Abercrombie are made for little "stick" people who do not "eat" we snuck in there too and even came away with a few bargains!!! We did notice that the mall wasn't nearly as crowded as it has been in the past and we just assumed that lots of people are staying home...to protect themselves from the Swine Flu...Mom and I are troopers...the first thing we did when we got to the mall was hit up Bath and Body Works for some miniature hand sanitizers that we could carry in our pockets...one for Mom and one for Me!!! We washed our hands or sanitized more times this weekend...then we have our whole lives!!! So Saturday night we headed over to the Southlake Town Square for dinner at The Cheesecake Factory (officially one of my favorite places to eat)! I do suggest to "share" a meal if you can because the portions are huge. We laughed and visited and really had a great time. We were so full that we had to order our cheesecake to go...and we had it as a midnight snack instead!!! YUMMY!!! Our hotel was perfectly located, 5 minutes in either direction and we were right where we needed to be. Sunday morning we woke up and had a nice breakfast at the hotel. We packed up and headed back to Southlake for TJ Maxx and a few shops on the square and then headed to the California Pizza Kitchen for lunch. Andy and I are in love with the Barbecue Chicken Pizza that you can buy in the frozen section at the grocery store, so it was really delicious to eat it piping hot and right out of the oven. (I highly suggest you try one) On the way back I studied and Grammy drove...and we made it home safe and sound at 6:30. What a special relationship I have with my sweet mother. She is my best friend in the whole world and its such a treasure to me that we can do these things together...just the two of us. I don't think I will ever get too big or too old to want to hang out with my Mom. She is one special lady.


3 comments:

campers said...

sounds like such a fun weekend! Can't wait to see all your cute stuff!

Glenna said...

Awh, that is sweet what you said about your mom at the end of your post. Bet that part made her day. Glad you all had a great time. It is always special for moms and daughters to have a day out together every now and then.

Whitney said...

I LOVE Forevor 21 too... probably b/c it's so cheap! Have you been to the one at the Parks mall... it's HUGE!

Glad ya'll had fun!