Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Memories...

We had a great holiday weekend jam packed with lots of fun. We had a NASCAR party on Sunday evening...and boy did we treat ourselves to some good "eats!" We had ribs and chicken, beans, corn-bread salad, potato salad and Grammys famous bread pudding. Some say...she runs a close race with some of the very best bread puddings in this town...so way to go Grammy. The race ended up getting rained out...and we were showered with a light rain for most of the afternoon as well. The deck at my parents house is the perfect spot for entertaining...it didn't rain our parade :) Here are some of the pictures from Sunday's party!!!

Monday I was off work :) which makes me very happy. My baby girl slept till 9 o'clock, which means I got to sleep in till 9 o'clock...this also makes me very happy. I laid out in the back yard for about an hour...it was just perfect and I am trying to get that last minute tan before we set sail. Needless to say I over-did it and I am now looking a lot like a red lobster. I got Jolea's new water toy out yesterday afternoon...and boy did she have fun. She played really hard for about an hour...and I think Grammy will definitely get her moneys worth from that purchase. Here are some of my favorite pictures and a sweet little video too :)
After playing in the sun we ran to Old Navy and Walmart to get a few things. Here are the bathing suits Andy and I will be sporting this year...they are from Old Navy...what do you think?

This week is a busy week and I have a lot of things to do in preparation for our trip. Traveling and packing for a 19 month old is somewhat like packing for a small army...but its better to have too much stuff than not enough!!! I will try my best not to over-pack...but I will take pictures and let you decide!!! If anyone has ever been on a cruise with a small child, I welcome any tips or advice you have to give in regards to packing. I hope everyone had a great 3 day weekend...I know I was blessed to spend time with my loved ones...and that is always a real treat. Happy Monday everyone...Ooops I mean Happy Tuesday :)

1 comment:

Whitney said...

The swimsuits are VERY 4th of Julyish! Glad ya'll had a great weekend!