Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday Stuff...

Today has turned out to be quite a busy day. We got up early this morning...which is nothing out of the ordinary with a 19 month old. Andy and I made pancakes, bacon and eggs...and little Jolea got her belly plenty full. I decided today was a great day to clean Grammy's house, and as I have mentioned before I am her own personal Merry Maid from time to time and it gives me the chance to earn extra money. Since we are leaving for vacation on Saturday...I am itching to make all the "extra" money that I can. Daddy and Baby spent the day together and I think they really had a good time...they were already outside playing this morning when I left at 10:00. I went with my Mom today to Target to pick out some black benches for her front porch. She wanted two of them so that it was balanced. We have been to several places and we landed the perfect ones at Target...and they were only 100.00 a piece, which is considerably cheaper than other places. She wasn't "over-the-top" about the cushions...but they turned out to work pretty well. We both agree that the bench needs a little "something" more, but the wind howls out where she lives and she thinks it would be a lost cause at keeping them. The new door mat is my favorite thing...so earthy...but so cute. The plants on her front porch are the ones that we planted together from Hardwick's a few weekends ago.

We also came across the cutest water toy for Jolea today while we were at Target. She had a small blow-up pool last summer and we spent hours in that thing...just soaking up the sun. This year we decided to try something a little different and I think she is going to LOVE it. I cant wait for it to be warm enough again to get it going in the backyard.

My little Jolea is 19 months old today...and she gets bigger and smarter by the second. She has learned so many new things over the past month. Her vocabulary has really grown and she is doing things that "big girls" do. We plan on hitting the potty training really hard when we get back from vacation and we plan on finding a way to get rid of the paci too. Once we get those too obstacles out of the way...we will be doing really good. If anyone has any pointers on either of these...PLEASE share.

No comments: