Monday, May 18, 2009

Zoo Day...

Yesterday's weather was just too beautiful to pass up, so after our Sunday afternoon naps, we packed up and headed to the zoo. I was thinking we weren't going to have time to look at everything and then it dawned on me how "not-that-great" and how "not-that-big" our little zoo is. We actually ended up having plenty of time...and I think Jolea would've had fun with or without the animals. She just LOVES to be outside. If she could roam free and just go where-ever she wanted, she would be lost in her own bliss. She is so fast too...if she gets a good head start, its hard to catch her and I have found myself panting rather heavily after chasing her a few times. I think her favorite thing was the ducks, birds, flamingos and anything else with a beak that resembles a duck...she loved looking at them, pointing and saying "quack-quack"...over and over and over again!!! Total Cuteness!!! Since I am on the topic of her saying the same things over and over again...her latest obsession is when she sees a bug she totally gets distracted. I'm talking something as teenie-tiny as an ant...she ain't moving till its dead and picked up. I have just left it alone before, thinking she would forget about it, and 10 minutes later she was still standing in the middle of the kitchen on her tippie-toes saying "Ewww, Gross" "Uh-Oh...Mama...Uh-Oh" It's pretty cute...I must admit. I can probably thank Sid The Science Kid for her obsession with bugs...because its one of her favorite shows in the whole world and one of the episodes I have on DVR is a bug episode...Go figure!!! Anyway, I have gotten slightly off topic but below are some of my favorites from the Zoo. I just love snapping pictures...and its makes me happy when I get some good ones!!! Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

campers said...

so cute! Glad y'all had fun visiting the quack quacks! I sure miss that sweet girl...and you too!What's your work schedule like this summer? I'm trying to plan a playdate!

Whitney said...

You're too creative! Have ya'll heard any job news. I've been thinking about you!