Friday, May 22, 2009

Summer Sprinkler Fun...and More

Summer is here...don't ya think? This weather says...get out in the sun and have some fun...and that's just what Jolea Dru did. We put the sprinkler on in Grammy's back yard, and although she wasn't sure at first...she got used to the idea very quick. We tricked her a few times by kinking the hose and then getting her real good in the face, but she caught on quickly and wasn't falling for it after that. I hope my little girl loves the water as much as I did when I was her age. I took lessons at the Sun Fish...and I remember it like it was yesterday. I loved that place...and I lived there in the summers. My mom had this silly rule though...if it wasn't 90 degrees I couldn't go to the pool? I still haven't ever figured that one out...but you can imagine my anticipation as I called the weather line nearly everyday just to see if it was going to be hot enough to be a Sun Fish day. Ahhh...good memories!

We had a very nice gentleman come and look at the house tonite. It was the most "promising" looker yet. His wife has passed and his children are all grown and out of the house, so our home would be perfect for him. I don't think he was thrilled about the hot pink nursery, but hey that's nothing a little paint cant fix. He loved what we had done with the place...and called back pretty quickly after he left to let me know he was working on something he could bring to the table that would hopefully work for both of us. The great thing is...he says he can pay cash...which means not a long waiting period for financing! We have been in prayer about this for a long time and we really hope this is the break we have been waiting for. The Ward family is about to be going thru lots of changes and diving into new things...and I have to admit...its all a little scary and exciting all at the same time. Yay for the 3 day weekend but I have so much to do!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Yay about the buyer! Sounds awesome!