Saturday, May 9, 2009

Ponytails and Painted Nails...

I have waited a long long time for this day!!! The day when my child had enough hair to pull back a tiny ponytail. It was the cutest thing ever. Its very small, but a pony is a pony...right? Jolea's hair only grows in the back which is a.k.a "The Mullet!" I'm still patiently awaiting the day when I can pull up two little pigtails...ahh...sweetness.
Last night we went to visit our friends Kirk and Anna...we played Rockband...and visited...and we had a really great time!!! I took a yummy Greek appetizer that I was a little bit nervous about, but when we got ready to leave there was only 1 piece left...so either they were good, or we were just really hungry. The chocolate covered strawberries were for "back-up" just in case...and who in their right mind doesn't like chocolate covered strawberries? Thanks to the Hughes for having us in their home!!! I will be recuperating for the next week for staying up so late last night!!!

Anna was kind enough to paint my nails and toenails for me...aren't they super cute??? A little on the "Wild" side, but I'm loving them!!!
Tomorrow is Mother's Day and it will only be the 2ND time for me to celebrate this special day. We have reservations at Perini's, and I am so excited about that, considering its one of my very favorite places on this earth...YUM YUM!!! Being a Mommy has been such a rewarding experience. Its not always the "easiest" thing I have ever done, but I am learning one day at a time. I hope that I can be the mommy to my sweet Jolea Dru, that my mommy was to me!!! Happy Mothers Day to all of you who are Mothers, or soon to be Mothers...I hope God blesses you all on your special day. XOXO

No comments: