Monday, May 11, 2009

Fun Weekend = Fun Blogging

Goodness Gracious...what a wonderful weekend we had!!! I already mentioned hanging out with the Hughes Family on Friday night and the rest of the weekend was just as FABULOUS. On Saturday morning my Mom and I got a "wild-hair" and decided to drive to Rising Star Texas and visit Hardwick's Nursery. Its a huge place with some of the most beautiful plants and flowers you could imagine. The geraniums we picked out are HUGE!!! Its a short road trip, so you can go there and back in one day and still get home in time to work in your yard.
Saturday night was fairly uneventful, we just hung out and I gave Jolea her first bath in the jacuzzi tub. Lets just say she wasn't a big fan of the water jets and the rumbling sound they made and I actually ended up having to climb in the tub with her, just to get her to sit back down. (Yes we have pictures of this...me in my bathing suit of course...but I will not be posting those...EVER) I do however have darling pictures of her -before- we ever turned the jets on and totally freaked her out. What a cutie pie...she really loves bath time...and here lately she has gotten so brave about putting her face in or pouring a whole cup of water on top of her head. Adorable!!!
Sunday morning...was Mother's Day of course!!! We got up and got dressed and we were actually running on time for church which is very surprising. Jolea wore her sweet dress and she had no problems striking a pose for the camera. Grammy bought her some "hair-flair" those cute little clips...but of course it stayed in her hair for a whopping 20 seconds, which wasn't even long enough for me to snap a cute picture of it. I don't think she will ever let me put anything in her hair and actually leave it alone.
We ate lunch at Perini's which is one of the best places to eat. I love the quaintness and the "chuck wagon" feeling when you walk through the door. My favorite time to eat there is in the winter at the table that is right in front of the fireplace. Its awesome. On Sundays they offer the buffet, and everything was delicious. Lunch was rather "eventful" because the reservations were at 11:15 and lets just say that was right in the middle of Jolea's nap time. Ugh!!! We had to eat in shifts, but we managed and we still had a good time. I took so many pictures from lunch and couldn't decide which ones to post so I collaged them so I could have the best of both worlds. By the way Jolea was completely obsessed with the longhorn...she was "moo"ing at him nonstop!!!
Here are some more of my favorites...of just the girls!!!
This last group of pictures reflects what my whole life is all about...my sweet Jolea and her handsome Daddy. They have made my life all I could have ever wanted!!!
My mom got me this cute little book for mothers day called 1001 Things It Means to Be A Mommy...

I have chuckled about some of the things it says and fought back tears over others, but so far...one of my favorites is # 84 it says...Being a mom means constantly saying "I love you," because that's the most important thing a child needs to know. Thank You Mom for the precious little book and all of the other things you have done for me and my family. I love you more than you will ever know. Overall we had a great weekend filled with lots of fun memories...and I cant wait to celebrate Father's Day and shine the light on all the Daddy's in this world.

No comments: