Saturday, September 12, 2009

Friday Night Nailbiter...

My Goodness...it was a wet night for football across most of the state of Texas...and its been quite a rainy Saturday as well. Although I do get tired of feeling waterlogged and soggy I wouldn't dare ask for the rains to stop because I know we have needed it so desperately. Days like today make for really good "lazy" days...and sometimes that's just what I need.
Now on to what happened last night under the lights...here is a neat shot of the Coleman field...can you see the rain?

Last night's game was such a nail-biter...but I had a front row seat and an up-close look at the work my husband so dearly loves. It was the Hawley Bearcats versus the Coleman Bluecats...and did I mention it was their homecoming? It was so rainy, so wet and just plain yucky that Coach Rubel's wife (Sheila) and myself got to sit in the vacant spot of the press box. (A little VIP treatment for the ladies...that's what I'm talking about!) This means we had to be super quiet...and not move much, but we were out of the soggy, wet and cold rain...unlike these people.

It was so fun to be so close to him and see the action and his intensity and how much he really knows about football. It's like he speaks a foreign language when he is talking football...all these routes and hooks and whatever else they run...but he knows his stuff and I have to say it was the defense that won this game...and I was so proud of the boys and my hubby! Here is Andy hard at work...looking all "coachy" and "tuff"

It was a back and forth battle all the way to the final buzzer! I would prefer a much larger lead than 1 point, but 1 point is still a win...and they deserved the victory...sweet sweet victory too...because who wants to lose their homecoming game...right?

By the way...Thank You Grammy for keeping my Punkin Butt...she never would have made it in the rain...I really appreciate it! We got home late...and the boys got home even later...but when you have a win under your belt, nothing else really matters. It will be back to work for Andy on Sunday...in preparation for their own homecoming game against Stamford. Wish us Luck!

This month is the next big Dittos for Kiddos sale...and I am working! Just in-case there is anyone out there that doesn't know what the Dittos sale really is... "Dittos" is a semi-annual consignment sale for children's clothes, toys, books, baby equipment, baby furniture, maternity clothes and much more! If you wish to consign in the sale, drop off your items at the designated times and let them do the advertising, marketing, and selling for you. You make 65% of your sold items. There is over 12,000 square feet of building space full of thousands of gently used items brought in by hundreds of moms and dads. You will be amazed at the selection and then to top it off the prices are unbelievably low. When I say you can find ANYTHING you are looking for...I am not kidding. I mentioned earlier that I would be working the sale...this is the cream of the crop, the jackpot because when you volunteer to work, you receive a pass to shop on worker night. Worker night is closed to everyone except our workers. That means I have 4 hours to find all the bargains before the consignors and the public get to shop. Just to give you a better idea...when you shop as a worker, you are shopping with 30 to 35 other people instead of 400 to 500 other consignors. WooHoo! This is honestly where Jolea gets a TON of her clothing and toys. You cant beat the prices and generally they only accept very good quality items! I'm looking forward to it! For more details you can visit dittosforkiddos.com!
Too bad I didn't get to my fall decorating today...the rain really put a damper on my mood...maybe I will try again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

i'm working dittos this year too! so excited about all the extra shopping with MUCH less competition! my shifts are saturday morning the 26th and midnight madness on thursday. when are you working? should be crazy and fun!