Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sweet Treat Thursday...

Its 11:23 PM and I just got done frosting 24 cupcakes...this weeks "sweet treat"! I just "adore" cupcakes! They are so dainty and so tempting. Now don't get me wrong, these aren't fancy cupcakes, but none-the-less they are still mighty tasty. I chose to do butter yellow cake with creamy chocolate whipped icing! Speaking of the icing...girls...I have a new BFF frosting device! Check her out...the answer to all your frosting prayers!

I was a little skeptical at first...thinking the frosting would be "whippy" like whipped cream and I didn't want that at all. The icing is creamy and whippy...but not like whip cream whippy...do you get what I am saying. I am a traditional butter cream icing kind of gal and I don't like that whipped junk at all...its for the birds. I added nuts to a few of the cupcakes because lets face it...nuts make them prettier...and they just looked so naked without them :) I also tried to better my presentation and got my trusty-old sharpie markers...reverted back to my high school cheer leading (mascot) days and "doodled" a sweet messages to the coaches tied on with festive black and white polka dotted ribbon...sigh...like they are really gonna care about all that :)

It has been a really busy week at the Ward house and it looks like its gonna be that way for a while. We have lots of activities to look forward to in the upcoming weeks and months...including Jolea's second trip to the West Texas Fair and Rodeo! Hmm...I guess that explains all the rain we have been getting. Andy has been late getting home most nights this week...which has really cut into my new cooking routine! Poor guy...when he gets home he is beat...I on the other hand find myself staying up entirely too late working on homework, watching TV or playing on the computer...I guess I am becoming a night owl in my old age. Tomorrow is Friday and I am wishing everyone a happy weekend...and as always...Good Luck to all you Friday Night Football players, fans, moms, dads and avid sports lovers...Play hard and travel safe!

~GoodNight~

No comments: