Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Jolea's First Day of MDO...

Well today was the day...that my "baby" turned into a "big girl"...her very first day at Mothers Day Out. Hmm...that means that today marks the first time that she was cared for by someone other than myself, Andy, Grammy or the very rare babysitter. What does this mean for me? It means from 11 to 2:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays I get three and a-half hours of uninterrupted toddler-free Mommy/homework/laundry/cleaning/cooking or whatever else I need to do time. Even though I know I am going fall madly in love with this little break twice a week...I have found myself looking at the clock today and wondering about my sweetie pie...Is she having fun? Does she miss me? Will she eat her lunch? Is she being a good girl? Is she going to have a big stink in her britches and stick up the whole church building...yikes. I am sure she is having the time of her life right now...and she didn't even shed a tear when I left this morning...okay maybe that is because I totally "snuck" out when she wasn't looking...but hey no tears means no tears anyway you slice it right? I cant believe my baby has grown up so fast...for crying out loud she is fixing to be 2 years old already. Here are some of the pictures I took this morning before we left. She is so PROUD of her backpack and her lunchbox...she didn't want me helping her carry it this morning! It weighs more than she does with all her stuff in it...so it was pretty funny watching her try to lug it all the way out to the car. Speaking of lunchbox...her very first school meal was sliced wienies, macaroni and cheese, grapes and of course a little ketchup for dipping! We call her "little dipper" around here because no matter what we are eating...she wants something to dip it in...preferably ranch or ketchup!
Big girls eat a good breakfast before school...

Daddy and Jolea...

Lets go to school Mommy...

Jolea and her cool girl school stuff...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I have thought about her off and on all day today! I hope she likes school....It will kill me to drop her off screaming and crying!She looks so cute!

Roxanne said...

Terah! It was so nice to meet you today. Also happy to know your a coaches wife...some of me favorite people. I look forward to visiting again soon.''Great blog!