Friday, September 18, 2009

We've Been Busy Bees...

Goodness Gracious...its Friday already...and its the first time this week I have had a spare second to catch up on my blogging! The Ward's have been very busy bee's! Weeks like this are a double edge sword...on one hand its great because its another week "down" in terms of school and work and so on...but on the other hand...its "Where on earth has the time gone this week...I barely had enough time to shower!" Just kidding...I totally showered this week. But you get the point right? So this is our week in review...here goes nothing.
We started off with a "snazzy" little hometown parade in Hawley on Monday night. This week is their Homecoming, and let me tell you...those little towns take Homecoming festivities and spirit to a whole new level. I LOVE that about a school...so I say Bring It. I graduated from Wylie...and as much as people don't like that school, or think they are this or that...they had SPIRIT...and I still think to this day that is a HUGE contributing factor to why they are so successful at EVERYTHING they do. (Go Bulldogs) Anyhow...back to the parade...Jolea was so excited that she got to ride in the truck that was pulling the varsity team and the varsity cheerleaders. She was practically hanging out the window just waving her little chubby arms and hands like she was Miss America...it was really funny...and the people would just laugh at her when she drove by and she really got a kick out of that too. I'm telling you...this float was really neat...and Mr. Thompson who is basically the town hero made it. His son is the quarterback...so its just fitting that his mom and dad be so cool and adored in town, its just like the movie. After the parade went through town (we are talking 10 minutes max here people) there was a mini pep-rally at the stadium, followed by a powder-puff football game which Andy had to officiate! Luck Him!

Wednesday night, we headed out to the West Texas Fair and Rodeo for our annual family feeding frenzy. That' Right...all bets and diets are off when the Ward's and the Whitehead's head to the fair grounds. Usually we never even make it past the food down to the rides...which is perfectly fine with me! The WTF&R is something we do as a family EVERY year. Its a neat thing for us to do because about 10 years ago, that is where Andy was introduced to my parents for the very first time. It wasn't our first date, but it was the first time he met my folks...so its always been special to me. Jolea stayed true to herself and chowed down very unconventionally on a good ol' corndog...notice she is taking her bites from the side...silly kid.

Grammy's favorite thing is the corn stand (there is a picture I am dying to share, but for fear she might end my life...I decided I better not!) Mine and Andy's favorite place is the Vittle Barn bar-b-q trailer. Oh yes, they serve a brisket burrito that is DELICIOUS. While I was there placing my second order, the lady in charge told me that they would be serving at the Balloon Fest next weekend...luckily its already marked on the calendar. Poppy headed for a turkey leg...that we all got to share...and it was huge. After we ate we headed to the display building for some shopping and we came away with some really adorable tee's...you know...the blingy kind! There is always this one booth that has great deals...and that is usually where we shop. I was disappointed not to find anything for my Jolea girl...they usually always have something sweet for her. We shared funnel cakes and rode a few rides before taking our tired girl home and getting her into bed.

She stayed up way past her bedtime, but based on the smiles in the pictures...I think she had a great time. Family time is so so so precious to me...and I feel so blessed to have this kind of time together. Thursday night I decided on a whim that I would drag out all my fall decorations and get them put up. I guess it was something in the air...and that fall chill that was going on yesterday. Jolea was my helper...ha ha ha... she enjoyed running around outside more than anything! I still feel like the front porch is "missing" something and I just cant put my finger on it. Our porch isn't a very good one for decorating because you don't have a clear view from the street. O-well...I am trying to work with what I got!

Thursday also means its sweet treat time! This week it was brownies...and I had my very own personal assistant to help me! Allow me to introduce Chef Jolea! What a mess...this kid is! I was a little nervous about letting her eat off of the spoon because of the eggs that were in the batter, but then I realized my Mama let me eat off the spoon for years and I am still alive...so what the heck...go for it girl. (Sorry...we thought cooking in the nude was totally acceptable :)

In between all this "stuff" that went on this week I have had lots of homework, quizzes and tests! This semester is officially in "full" swing. I begin my 45 hour block of observations on Tuesday at Bowie Elementary...should be interesting, fun and exhausting all at the same time, but I am looking forward to working with the kids. Tonite is another Friday night under the lights and I am especially hopeful for the Hawley Bearcats...Homecoming victories are always so much sweeter than any other game. Wish us luck...Today's pep-rally was really fun...Jolea had a blast and as usual was totally pepped out by the time we got home. Coach Rubel was the hightlight of the rally...he had his wife Sheila "bleach" his hair blonde. Yup, thats right! He made a deal with the boys last week if they got a win, he would bleach it blonde! Lets just say it turned out more "goldy" than anything...he should be "shining bright" tonite on the field. I leave you with a Senior picture from today's peprally...you may be thinking to yourself..."Where's the rest of em'?" It's hard to believe, but that is most of them, give or take a few! Happy Friday Night Football to everyone :)

~Toodles~

1 comment:

Whitney said...

You have had a busy, fun week! Love all the pictures! Hope y'all got a Win tonight!