Friday, September 11, 2009

Happy Fall Ya'll

It’s just a few more days…till September 22 which marks the first official day of fall…and I can’t wait. Hand’s down, without a doubt fall is my favorite time of the year. I just adore it. I love the crispness in the air, the colors of the leaves, going to football games, wearing sweaters and coats, drinking coffee’s and hot chocolates and decorating the whole house with pumpkins, leaves and gourds. Yep, fall is my FAVORITE! It even seems like the sun shines a different way. The evenings are cooler and I love sitting outside simply to enjoy the breeze and the awesome smells that fall brings too. Of course one of the things that stands out the most when I mention my love for the fall season is Halloween. As obvious as this may be - Halloween is such a fun part of fall! Who doesn't love a little spooky fun…right? I love decorating my home and porch (or lack thereof this year) for Halloween, and putting together Halloween goodies for the football coaches and the little one in my life….I also love to shop around for Jolea’s costume each year…which by the way I thought last year’s Gymboree fairy costume was just too cute…but I think this year’s costume is even more presh (more to come).

I would love a front porch like this one...so cute

I also think about mums when I think of fall. I just love to see pink, yellow, orange and red mums popping up on porches and doorsteps whenever fall arrives…such fun!

When I think about fall I think about pumpkins and pumpkin patches. For years, our church (Southern Hills Church of Christ) used to host a gorgeous pumpkin patch…but they stopped a few years ago…I miss it…and it was the best place to take fall photos. At our house we rarely ever carve our pumpkins…we just gather them up and sit them out on the front porch for display. As Jolea gets older, I am sure this tradition will change because I know she will want to carve them instead. What a mess…but well worth the smile that will be on her face!

When I think about fall I think about warm foods…the kind that warms the body and the soul. Fall brings out the soups and stews that just aren’t the same at any other time of the year. I am particularly weird about this…for instance, I cannot eat chili and cornbread in the summer…it’s just too hot and it just takes away from the specialness of eating those kinds of foods in the fall. Is that weird?

When I think about fall I think about birthdays...Yup...thats right! I turn the big 28 on October 12Th and I get to share the same birthday month with my sweet baby girl on October 23rd. (I was secretly hoping we might share the same birthday...but they I remembered how deserving she was of her very own special day!) All of these things and so much more are what make the fall season so special to me! Even though its not officially fall yet, I have big plans on getting all my “deco” down this weekend and getting started. These seasons come and go so fast and I want to get all my stuff out so I will have time to sit back and enjoy it. Happy Fall Ya’ll

2 comments:

ajphillips said...

I think I might decorate this weekend too, if I can talk the hubby into getting everything down from the attic!

ajphillips said...

Yes, I'll do it for you! Just do it the same way we did last time...find the kit, buy it and email me your info to download it!