Thursday, September 24, 2009

Not A Lot Going On Here...

I don't know about you, but I am madly in love with this awesome fall weather we have been having. The A/C at our house isn't even turned on right now. The windows are up and the curtains are blowing...Ah...the sweetness of fall is upon us. This week has flown by just like all the other weeks have since school and football season started. I don't see that changing anytime soon, until the semester winds down in December. Speaking of football...its Thursday...so that means...Goodies. This week I chose "Magic Bars"...I am hoping that once all the coaches eat them...they will for sure be able to "Work Their Magic" and bring home a win. My Mom used to make these all the time when I was growing up...they are easy and they are delicious too. It actually takes so little work to prepare these little darlings...its all about layering...and they are rich, sweet, oooey-gooey deliciousness (is that a word...probably not!)

The Bearcats play in Ranger this week, and I am going to have to miss this one. First off its entirely too far for my little darling and second off, I am working my Dittos For Kiddos shift tomorrow night...so I will be plenty busy. I always hate it when I have to miss a game, but luckily my Coach knows how hard it can be going to a football game all the way in Tim-Buck-Too with a 2 year old. (I pat you ladies on the back that are brave enough to do it!) So good luck HHS...Beat Ranger!
Last night, my Mom and I went on a Mother/Daughter date to get a pedicure! (Sigh!) Its always so great to have someone massage your legs and feet and make your toenails look beautiful. I decided I would go with a Fall/Halloween theme...and do polka-dots of course (they make me smile)

Its getting really close to "closed toe" shoe season...and this worries me because I actually have to "train" my feet to like wearing shoes other than flip-flops...and this is not easy. I am all about comfort in a shoe...and this usually means flip-flops for at least 9 months out of the year. The reason we went to get pedicures in the first place is because Grammy and Poppy are getting ready to head here...for a whole week...Playa Del Carmen...and I am so Jealous!

I wish I could go spend a whole week, relaxing on the beach...but I just don't see that happening anytime soon. Maybe someday when I am done with school, me and my hubby can go some place like this to "get away!" I hope Grammy and Poppy have a great time...they are so DESERVING of a nice quiet vacation together. We are going to miss them while they are gone...and it should make for an interesting week...without my awesome babysitter! I know I can look forward to a few hours to myself by the time they get back...because they will be DYING to see their sweet Punky-Pie (that's been our pet name for Jolea since the day she was born!)
I just realized I have rambled on and on about magic bars, toenails and wishful thinking of a far off vacation...it looks like we really had a boring week around here! Maybe this weekend will bring lots of blog-worthy "stuff" to talk about.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Cute invites... you are talented! You're going to be a great teacher! Ranger is far???? Girl, try college games!!!! 8 hours to Kingsville! Now that's far! Ha! :) I've never been at a school where we've had close games so I'm jeallous! At Wichita Falls HS we played mostly metroplex teams... 2 1/2 hours away... it made for some tiring Friday nights!