Thursday, March 12, 2009

It Wont Be Like This For Long...

I was on my way to work this morning and I heard this song on the radio. Its titled It Wont Be Like This For Long and its by Darius Rucker. He isnt new to the music business, but he recently joined the country music scene. It wasn't the first time I had ever heard it, but for some reason today it really caught my attention. I was watching Jolea sleep in the back seat and it just "hit" me like a ton of bricks how big she is getting and how fast it is happening. Its a bittersweet kind of feeling to know that there are so many things ahead of us, but we only have pictures and memories to reflect on the things that have already happened. There are so many "firsts" in a new child's life and you don't want to miss any of them. (I guess that is why we have thousands of photo's on our desktop) My eyes just filled up with tears and I tried to sing along, but it just wasn't working out. Everything in life is about "phases" and "nothing lasts for long" I think the song is a perfect example of what raising a child is all about. They are born so tiny and innocent and you never want to let them go. I want to protect her from this world and all the "bad" that is in it, but I know she is going to grow and blossom and I will have to let her go to be the woman that her father and I spent so much time trying to raise. I know she is just a baby still...but when I listened to this song this morning I realized that I only have her to myself for about 17 more years. In reality that is merely the blink of an eye...especially to a parent. These pictures represent some of the fondest memories we have had over the past 16 months...and I cant wait for more.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love your slide show...I might need some blogger lessons from you!

M'chelle said...

Terah ~ Thank you for your sweet and encouraging words! I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness. Glad to see you have a blog with your precious pride and joy!