Monday, March 9, 2009

"On the Market"

Another weekend has flown right by. This past week was kinda crazy for the Ward family. My hubby is the head power-lifting coach and he is also the JV baseball coach. Right now, the 2 sports are overlapping and we barely get to have him home with us. Jolea and I spent the day together on Saturday. We went to Kohl's and to the mall for a cinnamon pretzel! She was a little doll! Everytime I take her anywhere, people just "Goo" over how cute she is. (I must say I totally agree.) I made a boo boo on Saturday night and forgot to spring forward...which means we missed church on Sunday morning. I was not happy about it! What a silly mistake to make especially after reminding everyone else about changing the clock! Silly Me. On Sunday, Andy and I had a workday around the house. Jolea went to Grammy and Poppy's house and had a BLAST playing outside all day long. We were recently informed that due to "major budget"changes they will not be able to renew Andy's teaching/coaching contract. He and 2 others are the "lowest" on the totem pole and will have to be let go. Its not easy and its not fun, but it is the life of a coach. Andy has been a little upset about it, but I think he has finally accepted that God has better things in store for our family. We will just have to wait and see where He wants us. Its a tricky sitauation, because I am a full time student at McM and I only have 1 year left. We need to stay around here so I can finish! Andy has always sacrificed staying in "West Texas" for me, so that we could be near my family. Considering I am a born and raised Abileneian, its hard to imagine leaving. I am so close to my parents (My Mom is my BEST friend) and they play such an important role in Jolea's life too. Anyway we cleaned and prepped the house to go on the market. It amazed me how much "junk" we got rid of! I consider myself to be a pretty good housekeeper, but goodness gracious...we had so much "stuff!" I went to bed at midnight...and felt so accomplished! Andy worked so hard too...he did the outside stuff while I did the inside stuff. He even stopped to cook me a steak and baked potato for supper! Yum! So wish us luck on selling the house...and keep our family in your prayers during this time of transition. I have posted some pictures of all the hard work we did this weekend. Can you decide which picture was Before and which picture was After? Yikes!


1 comment:

ajphillips said...

I didn't even know you had a blog!

As far as the border around the picture. Go to your dashboard, layout, then edit HTML. Look for this---
.post img {
padding:4px;
border:4px solid $bordercolor;
}
Make sure there is the line that says border: 4px solid....

You can change the size of that by changing the number before px. You can also make it dots, squares, etc. by changing solid to the word "dots, etc"
You can edit any of the html just the same as the picture border. Just always click preview before you save.

As far as the pictures, to put them in a square beside one another may be tricky. Sometimes blogger can be a real pain! But I would try choosing the small format, then don't choose center, left or right. Then "I THINK" you should be able to move them where you want them! Not sure though! I know a good website that tells you some html tricks, etc. When I get home this evening, I'll try to post it for you...maybe it will help! HTML can be a bit confusing!

GLAD you're blogging!