Monday, August 31, 2009

Another Weekend has Come and Gone...

What a great weekend we had! It kicked off on Friday night, and even though Andy's team didn't win, it sure was fun to sit in the stands with Jolea and watch her "take-it-all-in!" She had a long fun day on Friday and by the time we got home late Friday night after the game, she was pooped out and ready for bed. Saturday we spent the day at Grammy and Poppy's house while Andy was at work. I mowed their yard for extra money while Jolea played her little heart out...she was a little bit grumpy on Saturday due to her lack of sleep and busy day on Friday. I went to Hobby Lobby to pick up our family portrait that I decided to have framed. The sad thing is, the picture was taken almost a year ago on Jolea's first birthday and I am just now getting around to framing it. Our photographer is awesome...and her prints are so reasonably priced, but getting something custom matted and framed is an expensive project. So from now on I will only buy my picture just big enough so I can do all the work myself. My sweet hubby found the time to hang it for me this weekend and I LOVE how it turned out. There were also a couple of birthdays in the family this weekend. Happy Birthday to Trey (my brother turning the big 21) and Happy Birthday to Erin (Andy's sister)! When Andy and I first met we thought it was fate that our siblings had the same birthday. Even weirder is that Andy's sisters name is Erin and my brothers name is Trey Aaron...strange huh? Anyway...Happy Birthday you two...we hope you had a great time on your "Special" day.
Hobby Lobby Frame I chose

Trey with his girlfriend Stephanie at Outback for dinner

My Mom and I were on nursery duty at church...we had a blast taking care of all those babies...and I got to change 2 poopy diapers while I was there...not sure how that happened because I sure don't remember being the elected "poopy diaper changer" but if you have changed one you have changed a million right? My parents came over for lunch and we had my chicken enchiladas for lunch. It's my mothers recipe, so I knew it would turn out to be pretty good...and it really was. When it comes to cooking...I am still a rookie. I try really hard to be creative and make things that taste good, but I am still learning! If anyone has any weeknight meals that I must make...please send them over. I am always looking for things that are quick and easy and delicious.

Andy and Jolea and I were all sitting at home last night kinda bored and we decided to we would go to PrimeTime for some family fun. Jolea had a BLAST and she even let me capture some really sweet photos while we were there. I swear, I could take her in there and not spend any money. She is occupied enough just walking around and touching everything and looking at all the flashy lights and sounds! What a cheap date she is. I think her favorite thing was riding the go-kart with Daddy...going fast...and chasing Mommy around the track! What a fun night with lots of sweet memories.
Daddy and Jolea ready to ride

Jolea's crown and bracelet that she won with all her tickets

Mommy and Daddy being "cool"

Mommy and Jolea Dru

I used to be the Princess in this family...but not anymore :)

Silly Shadow Picture

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Does Andy not work on Sundays? If not, I'm soooo jealous!

I FBed you a website that has the oilcloth lunch sacks that I bought in Canton.

ajphillips said...

I always buy my frames in the backless frame section (just the frame), then have a mat cut and do all the rest myself! It's not too bad that way & you can hit the 50% off sale!

It looks so pretty though!

Unknown said...

Better late than never they say! Your picure looks great! I am sure Punky had a blast @ Primetime.