Friday, August 21, 2009

Goodbye Summer 2009

That's it...from here on out my Friday nights will be spent: sporting maroon and black, making short road trips, eating fast food, chasing my soon-to-be-2 year old, cheering for the team and praying for my husbands success as a coach.
____________________________________________________________________ Its that time of the year when everything begins to become a fast paced blur. Tonite is the last night of summer vacation for me, and I will be hitting the books first thing Monday morning at get this...8 o'clock! I have managed to get away with mostly 9 o'clock classes the entire time I have been in school, but not so lucky this semester. This semester is the heaviest load I have taken so I am really anxious and worried about the homework load and how I am going to keep up. I know it will all work out as it does, but I am human and I do worry. So if you are taking prayer requests...please pray for me...and my sanity! Praise the Good Lord that this is my last "classroom" semester and in January I start my student teaching and will be done in May :)
___________________________________________________________________ This time of the year is always hard to get adjusted to, and even more so now that we have our little princess in our lives. Its really hard on me not having Andy around to help with Jolea, but I know its even harder on him, to miss out on so much time with the both of us. Luckily he should be getting home between 6:30 and 7 Monday thru Wednesday, but Jolea and I are on our own Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday mornings. The coach in Hawley is an awesome Christian man so that means they wont report for work on Sunday till later in the afternoon/evening so we can attend church as a family and have a nice Sunday lunch. I came across this one woman's thoughts about being a coach's wife...

FOOTBALL. Embrace it. Try not to learn too many of the rules — it ruins the fun. Stop by practice. Learn the kids’ names. Meet their parents. Let your own kids run wild in the end zone after the game. Bake cookies for the staff. Get involved. Hug the mascot. Eat dinner together — even if it’s at the office. Be creative –try sewing, painting, or scrapbooking. Get together with other wives. Dress your baby in a cheerleading outfit. Paint a paw print on her face. Learn to mow the lawn. Redecorate. Plan after-the-game parties. Enjoy control of the remote. Netflix girlie movies. Go to church on Sundays. Make a treat basket for your Coach. Invite the seniors over for dinner. Hire players’ girlfriends to babysit your children. Smile. Keep your fingers crossed for a winning season!

The part about enjoying control of the remote and renting chicky flicks cracks me up...yet it's so true! I cant complain because even though Andy doesn't punch in at 8AM and out at 5PM, he loves his job and he is compassionate about the lives he is changing, and its worth it for both of us. I am Andy's biggest fan...I always have been...and I always will be

______________________________________________________________________

The Summer of 2009 has been a memorable and very busy one. We did so many wonderful things and made many happy memories with family and friends. It is a blessing to be back in Abilene and we look forward to the new school year and the challenges and opportunities that will come with it. Before we know it I will be singing happy birthday to my precious daughter, going trick-or-treating, getting out my fall decorations, trimming the Christmas Tree and ringing in the New Year. Good luck to all the coach's and their wives and families and to all the parents who are sending their sweeties back to school...may God Bless you all this season!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

great post! will be praying for you this semester, glad it's your last one!