Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cranky Babies...Need to go to the Park

My baby was a "grumpy" baby on Wednesday. She woke up on the wrong side of the crib and she stayed on the wrong side of the crib all day long. She was so sassy, that even Grammy sent her home for being a boo-bear. Normally I wouldn't want to reward her for having bad behavior, but I was really not in the mood for the whining that was sure to come if we didn't get out of the house after supper, so we took a short trip to Fort Imagination for some Mommy-Daughter play time. This was our first time to this park and I was really impressed. Jolea really thought she was a "big" enough girl to play on some of the bigger toys, but I wouldn't let her because we cant afford any broken bones right now. She did take a plunge right off the end of the slide while we were there...but she survived. Her little feet got stuck toe-down in the mulch, then it was arms out-face down she went...getting a whole mouth-full of mulch in the process. She did not think it was a very fun experience! I stood her up and dusted her off, and she never thought about it again. Jolea has this phobia about getting her feet dirty and she comes by it honestly because so do I. She will be walking along and then all of a sudden she stops dead in her tracks and just starts going "eww" "eww" and doing this little whiny dance with one foot in the air until I go over there unstrap her sandal, shake it out and put it back on her foot. Can you believe that? Such a prissy pants at such a young age. After we played at the park we took a stroller ride on the pathway over to the pond to look at the ducks...a.k.a...the quack-quacks! Hmm...everything was fine until the ducks exited the pond right in front of us! I began to back up slowly because let's face it, I'm not really afraid of ducks, but I sure didn't want them charging at us. I began to walk backwards with the stroller...the ducks kept coming...I began to walk backwards a little faster...the ducks kept coming a little faster...Finally I turned the stroller and we were at a fast pace walk! Lets just say the faster we tried to get away, the faster they came after us. Luckily another park goer intervened and saved us when they began to feed the ducks! Whew...that was a close one...and Jolea got a complete kick out of it. I can tell you if anyone at the park was secretly watching that whole episode, they were rolling on the ground laughing at "the mom and kid in the stroller that were being stalked by a herd of ducks!" Jolea is spending the night with Grammy tonite (Thursday) and Andy is scouting a football game in Albany, so it looks like I have the house all to myself tonite! I think I will work on a project...that I will show you later! I leave you with some shots of Jolea enjoying the park.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

jolea is getting so big, and cuter every day! love the duck story, i would be freaked out!

btw, i took my first plunge into shutterbug for pictures, not just a header, and have a love/hate relationship with it. thought of you!