Friday, August 7, 2009

Playdate with Baby Ava...

Jolea and I got up early this morning...7:12 AM to be exact...thanks to the muts next door...AGAIN! We got a sweet invitation to the Zoo this morning from my cousin Mysti and her sweet baby girl Ava. So off to the zoo we went...and it was hot. The girls had a good time cruising around in their strollers, looking at all the animals and of course feeding the giraffes. My Jolea wasn't real sure about that whole giraffe tongue touching her hand...so she just kinda tossed the cracker to him to avoid any contact...it was funny. She was acting the part since she did look like a superstar in her dress that Mema made her and those Tinkerbell shades that her daddy bought her. Ava on the other hand was all about it...she just let that giraffe eat right from her hand and she thought it was hilarious! After the zoo it was time to head home, eat lunch and take a nap...which is exactly the reason I am blogging right now...but I better make it snappy cause she could arise at any moment.

Since I am going to be home with Jolea until I go back to school in late August, I thought it would be a good idea to take the "plunge" and get rid of the paci. So last night I took the scissors to it and sliced a hole in the top of it. Did she cry...no not really...did it bother her...no not really...do I think this is going to work...no not really. I will have to cut it until all that is left is the shell, and then I will have a new problem on my hands because I am sure that even though she cant suck on it, she will want to hold it or take it to bed with her every night. So anyone out there in blogville that has any paci pointers...send them my way PLEASE.

I don't think we have any big plans for the weekend...which makes my heart sing! Sometimes a nice quiet weekend at home is all you need...and I think that is what we are going to get! Happy Friday to everyone.

1 comment:

campers said...

hey sweet friend! Since you are home you should come with us to the water park on Monday and then to the zoo on WEdnesday!!!! I don't have any experience with getting rid of the paci...but one of my friends took all their paci's and gave them to the ducks....their daughter loved giving them to the ducks...who knows if it will work for all kids...but it's worth a shot...and we are having everyone out to the lake on sunday night for hamburgers...i sent out an email today, but didn't have your email...I asked alison to forward it on, but i'm not sure when they are getting back in...email me if y'all wanna come...alrcamp02@yahoo.com
yeah, sorry for the novel!!!