Monday, August 17, 2009

Marvelous Monday...

Oh what fun it was to spend all day long with my little darling...just revelling in how adorable I think she is. (minus the times that she was having a moment...a.k.a...a meltdown) First, we got up bright and early...well it was bright, but it was also 8:30'ish so I don't know if you consider that early or not. Jolea ate her wholesome nutritional breakfast that consisted of a strawberry frosted pop-tart and watched the latest episode of Sid the Science Kid while Mommy was getting her hair and make-up done. Then we headed for the mall...not to shop of course...but to play! Jolea loves the play area and so do I when there aren't 5000 little kids running around like crazy. We always go "early" if we are going to go at all, and it pays off big time. We walked the mall for a little bit after that and even went back for a second dose of playing before we left. We had a few errands to do...you know...Hobby Lobby, Card and Party...those kinds of things, then we headed home for lunch and nap time. After nap time is when all the fun began. Jolea and I had our very first Tea Party in her bedroom with Green Giraffe and the Cheerleader Doll. Jolea was dressed for the occasion in her perfectly pink tutu, her pigtails and bows and that sweet little smile of hers. We had the most fun playing tea party and I might have created a little monster because when it was time to clean up, it was not a pretty sight. Here are the pictures and video clips that I was able to take of our occasion together. Enjoy :) I have the most precious video clips I wanted to share,but blogger is being sassy right now.

We decided to drive over to Grammy and Poppys house for a surprise visit last night! Grammy was gone, but Poppy was surprised. Jolea loves to play in their backyard...its much bigger than ours...and since she was such a good girl today...I thought what the heck! Oddly, when we left there, she had started running a fever...and was feeling pretty awful by the time we got home. She hasn't been sick all summer long, and I hope this is a "teething" issue or else it looks like we might be visiting good ole' Doc Steadman this week.

I was planning on taking Jolea to Fort Imagination early in the morning to play and swimming later after nap, but there is a strong chance that tomorrow might be a "stay-at-home-pj-day with a sick baby :( I hate it when she is sick and my heart just aches because I cant make it better, but I sure do enjoy the cuddle bug that she turns into when she isn't feeling well. She crawls in my lap and lets me hold her and rock her and love on her...and that just doesn't happen very often. Its a high price to pay, but those moments are PRICELESS.

No comments: