Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sweet Summer Girl...a Date...and a Busy Day

Whew...what a day! Grammy was sweet enough to keep Jolea last night and this morning to let me have the morning to "sleep" in and the afternoon to "get things" done. Well...sleeping in wasn't really an option thanks to my neighbors annoying...I mean chirpy dogs! Ugh...they were barking from the moment the sun came up and eventually it just wasn't worth it to lay there in bed tossing and turning, trying to tune them out, so I decided to get up and get things done. I did dishes, vacuumed, swept and mopped all the floors, did 2 loads of laundry and even went outside and gave my car a bath! Needless to say I have felt very accomplished all day long...even though I am slightly tired because my neighbor's muts...I mean dogs ruined my chances of a nice long morning slumber :(
Last night Andy and I went on a date! It was fun. We went to see The Ugly Truth...and it was...well a little risque, but we are humorous people so we thought it was funny...and both of us like Katherine Heigl, so it was a win win situation for the both of us. It wasn't to chick-flicky and it wasn't to manly either. After the movie we headed to Chili's for a late dinner and my all time favorite "Chocolate Chip Paradise Pie"...Oh...yum! Thanks Grammy for keeping the little Angel...we really appreciate you.
So since I was home alone this morning I decided to snap a few pictures of our new home. There are still some bare walls that need tending too, but for the most part we are settled...and that's a good feeling considering that football is in full swing.
This is our living room and my Mom bought me the curtains as a house-warming gift...and I love them. The colors are so rich...and I love how warm and inviting it makes the room feel. Hmm...did you notice the big'ol TV sitting on the stand? Yeah that was Andy's "must have" purchase...but I must agree I am getting pretty used to it...and you should have seen the monster we were using before...can you say Ghetto?

Guest room...same stuff...different place

This is my garage sale bargain kitchen table...wouldn't you know I was looking for black and that is exactly what I found...you know what they say "One man's trash is another man's treasure"

Jolea's room...this mantle is also a "garage sale" bargain...I love how it turned out and I plan on using it in all of her bedroom...even when she gets into her "Big Girl" bedroom soon.

Isn't this kitchen cute...it's yet another "garage sale" find...and let me tell you...she loves this thing!

And another bargain...this precious table

One of the sweetest ladies at church painted this for Jolea...it matches her bedding and is one of my favorite things in her room!

Guest bathroom...which means there is more than 1 bathroom which means I am a VERY happy lady :) Wasn't sure about the leopard print wall paper...but I'm a sucker for a little animal print every now and then...and I actually really like it! Wall paper kinda gives me the willies...and you don't see it very often anymore...but hey...it works!

Master bedroom. We got new bedding...the best thing was that it's from Sam's and it was a 16 piece set...not to shabby and I love the green and brown combo...I still hate the bedroom furniture...if anyone is interested...call me I will make you a deal!

I also wanted to share some of Jolea's latest photos! The swimming suit she is wearing is Juicy Couture and I got it last year at the Dittos For Kiddo's sale. I've always said its never a good idea to have anything written across the butt of your pants, but this suit says "Juicy" across the bottom and I just had to have it! So Cute! She is just so adorable in it and she can get away with it at this age and its great ammo for later down the road when she is oh...lets say 18 years old...and would you check out those buns? The kid loves the water...and loves playing outside. I'm terrified at the thought of trying to find something for her to do this winter.

1 comment:

ajphillips said...

Okay, you must take me garage sale shopping...I've never been to a garage sale before but with those kind of buys, I'm all for it!