Thursday, August 13, 2009

Lubbock Shopping Trip...

Our shopping trip was a success...and on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being terrible and 10 being super-dooper, my Jolea was between a 6 or 7 the entire time. Grammy and I were so proud of her...and how well behaved she was. I mentioned earlier, that my bestie and her sweet family live in Lubbock and they were kind enough to "take us in" for the night. Reagan and Jolea were so cute playing together. They wanted to hug and hold hands everywhere they went and it was the sweetest thing I have ever seen. Its a really neat thing to watch my best friends daughter and my own daughter play together at such a young age. It makes me wonder how our lives and friendship might have turned out if we had the opportunity to know each other before the 10Th grade. Its really too bad that we live so far apart from each other because something tells me they would be the best of buds. We went to Ruby Tequilas for some really yummy Mexican food and then went home to let the girls play some more, relax and visit. It was really nice. We headed out early the next morning to do some shopping and we found some good bargains. Before we headed back to Abilene we wanted to take Jolea to Toys-R-Us for the very first time and reward her for being such a good girl. OMG...she was in heaven! She was in "awe" about all the toys and she would have taken the whole store home had it fit in the Honda. Grammy and I picked out some birthday presents too...since its right around the corner in October. Speaking of birthday...I cant wait to share with you all my birthday "stuff" that I have lined up for Jolea. I got my inspiration from Whitney Johns...a fellow blogger and friend...who has the best ideas for children's parties and decorating...go visit her blog! I don't want to close this post without a special THANKS to Grammy for coming along, and taking such good care of Jolea and I...we LOVE you...and a special THANKS to the Tomlin family for having us in their home. I leave you with some sweet photos I snapped of Jolea and Reagan.
(click collage to enlarge)

No comments: